PDA

View Full Version : BC Canada Fishing

chickenlicken
07-15-2007, 05:57 PM
We just returned from a great fishing trip to Queen Charlotte Islands BC Canada. We left Sunday afternoon and flew to Vancouver BC. We stayed right at the airport in the hotel there. At 4 AM we left to board the next flight from Vancouver to Masset. Masset is a small town on Graham Island. It is a very small airport with a couple double-wide trailers for a terminal. We then boarded a 12 passenger helicopter for another 30 minute ride to the doorstep of Queen Victoria Lodge. After a brief orientation meeting, we were headed of on a small aluminum boat with our guide, Dave. The lodge is in Naden Harbor, at the site of an old whaling station. A 30-45 minute boat ride got us out to the fishing grounds. We were fishing by 9:00 am. We caught some nice silver or Coho salmon and some larger Chinook or King salmon. I caught the largest of the trip on Monday, a 40

accadacca
07-15-2007, 06:25 PM
MAMMA MIA! Tks for the pix. . .looks like a riot. :eek2: :five:

Cirrus2000
07-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey, glad you enjoyed your stay close to my neck of the woods! Jeez, I was working every time you flew through Vancouver - probably talked to some of your flights (I work in the control tower at the airport).

Sometimes I wish I were into fishing. Just never gotten into it. I mean, I love eating them...

Anyway, amazing about the sea lion. Nasty buggers - makes for a memorable trip, for sure.

If you do come back this way (oughtta to an annual trip, yup), and are flying through YVR, let me know - have a coffee or other beverage, and come visit the tower.

Glockguy
07-15-2007, 10:00 PM
How much?

LOAH
07-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Those fish are magnum. Nice work.

chickenlicken
07-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Hey, glad you enjoyed your stay close to my neck of the woods! Jeez, I was working every time you flew through Vancouver - probably talked to some of your flights (I work in the control tower at the airport).

Sometimes I wish I were into fishing. Just never gotten into it. I mean, I love eating them...

Anyway, amazing about the sea lion. Nasty buggers - makes for a memorable trip, for sure.

If you do come back this way (oughtta to an annual trip, yup), and are flying through YVR, let me know - have a coffee or other beverage, and come visit the tower.

Thanks for the offer, that would be cool to check out the tower. We had plenty of time waiting at the airport with nothing to do but make fun of the assortment of people cruising the aisles. :roflol:
I'd love to make it an annual trip if I was independantly wealthy. Next time I may have to do a budget trip and do some camping.

Sombeech
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
you dawgs!

Alex
07-16-2007, 12:16 PM
How much?

I'd like to find that out as well, who did you book the trip through?

chickenlicken
07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
How much?

I'd like to find that out as well, who did you book the trip through?

you can check out their website to see the exact rates, but I think it would have cost about 6000-6500 with the flights, guide service, tips etc. It was definately a once in a lifetime trip...unless i hit the lottery. :thumb:

I believe they are booked for the rest of the year and possibly 2008. First class operation, great service and an awesome experience.

http://www.queencharlottelodge.com/