PDA

View Full Version : **UUTAH Fantasy Football 2007**

Pages : 1 [2]

accadacca
10-08-2007, 07:57 PM
- The donkey defense got absolutely kicked in the teeth.

- Romo has already thrown 4 picks.

Bloody bad week for the ballz. . . :roll:

accadacca
10-08-2007, 09:02 PM
WTF?! What a game! Cowboys are 5-0! :eek2:

rockgremlin
10-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Nick Folk is my new hero. A rookie that steps up in the clutch and knocks down two consecutive 53-yd FGs with no time left on the clock to win the game!!! Unbelieveable!!!

Even better that I picked him up off the waivers last week! HAHA! :bootyshake:

CarpeyBiggs
10-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Nick Folk is my new hero. A rookie that steps up in the clutch and knocks down two consecutive 53-yd FGs with no time left on the clock to win the game!!! Unbelieveable!!!

Even better that I picked him up off the waivers last week! HAHA! :bootyshake:

I figured you'd love him after what he did to BYU last year...

rockgremlin
10-08-2007, 09:16 PM
BTW, if any of you monkeys need a decent QB, I just dumped Rothlisberger out into the waivers cause I'm hard up for a QB during my bye week (Ben's bye falls on the same week as Peyton's).

Ben won't be active this week, but he's doing pretty well this season. So if your current QB sucks, act fast.

CarpeyBiggs
10-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Already took him...

Iceaxe
10-09-2007, 07:42 AM
I just started a thread on suggestions for the 2008 FF season.

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8912

I think we really screwed up our 2007 Fantasy Football system, it's not very good and based almost totally on how well your QB does. The QB's are suppling 1/2 the points for most teams. If your QB has a bad day you are toast.....

I do think the current system is fair, because everyone works under the same rules. I just thought it was more fun last year because you had more players to watch. This year I really only watch my QB and I know immediately if I should be laughing or crying.

In my case it's usually crying.... Drew Brees has to be the years biggest bust/disappointment..... that sucker averages less the 20 points per game. Hell.... Gus Frerotte and Damon Huard have better numbers.

:popcorn:

Iceaxe
10-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Rock is chickenshit or he would start Drew Brees this week. :nod:

CarpeyBiggs
10-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Looks like Rock shoulda started Brees... He looks like the Brees of old.

As for me... I had the best week yet. I'm still gonna lose. It's halftime for Ice and his three high octane players. Not looking good. Can you say Oh-fer-six?

live2ride
10-14-2007, 07:29 PM
BTW, if any of you monkeys need a decent QB, I just dumped Rothlisberger out into the waivers cause I'm hard up for a QB during my bye week (Ben's bye falls on the same week as Peyton's).

Ben won't be active this week, but he's doing pretty well this season. So if your current QB sucks, act fast.

This is the whole reason I don't agree with the waivers this year. In all of my leauges I use my waivers very wise and will wait untill these later weeks and every week I am getting hosed on any pickups because I am in first.

rockgremlin
10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Nah, I did surprisingly well with Jeff Garcia today...278 yards, 1 TD, and zero INTs. He exceeded expectations and that's all that matters. I think I just raped GitRDone this week -- the projected score was GitRDone 113 Me 86....I'm already over 130 points so far...thank heavens for return yardage!! :bootyshake: :twisted:

Hey Carpey -- why did you drop Lamont? Just curious. I am trying to pick up your sloppy seconds, and if the waiver is successful, there will be two new QBs to choose from in the waivers -- Drew Brees (I'm dropping him in place of Lamont), and Jeff Garcia (I don't need him anymore).

rockgremlin
10-14-2007, 07:35 PM

This is the whole reason I don't agree with the waivers this year. In all of my leauges I use my waivers very wise and will wait untill these later weeks and every week I am getting hosed on any pickups because I am in first.

I'll say this again.....Boo F'ing Hoo!!!

If you are a bottomfeeder, and are trying to improve, how is it fair if the undefeated guys get first crack at all the best guys on the waivers? It makes absolutely ZERO sense.

Your argument is similar to if Bill Gates were to bitch and cry cause he doesn't have enough money.

CarpeyBiggs
10-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Nah, I did surprisingly well with Jeff Garcia today...278 yards, 1 TD, and zero INTs. He exceeded expectations and that's all that matters. I think I just raped GitRDone this week -- the projected score was GitRDone 113 Me 86....I'm already over 130 points so far...thank heavens for return yardage!! :bootyshake: :twisted:

Hey Carpey -- why did you drop Lamont? Just curious. I am trying to pick up your sloppy seconds, and if the waiver is successful, there will be two new QBs to choose from in the waivers -- Drew Brees (I'm dropping him in place of Lamont), and Jeff Garcia (I don't need him anymore).

Dropped Lamont because he was injured today... Needed another running back.

Drew Brees? Probably better than Garrard...

Iceaxe
10-15-2007, 08:15 AM

You'll get no sympathy from me on this one. I like that bottom feeders have first crack. I noticed that other then first and last place the league is super tight. Heading into this weekend 2 thru 9 were all seperated by only one game. I find nothing worse then the first place team picks up anther great player, like that is fair....

I think Crappy is going to cause someone problems down the road once he gets this stuff all figured out.

I knew Brees would have a good game after I dumped him. I think Brees should send me a big check for saving his career by dumping him from my FF team. :haha: I really didn't want to dump Brees but he was too tempting to play and is the reason I'm currently at the bottom, but I'm digging out. Both my QB's had over 50 this week, that's all I need to get back in the game.

I can't believe Injuns and fish voted against me!!!! How could you do that???? I will own this league by the playoffs.

:five:

rockgremlin
10-15-2007, 08:21 AM
High scoring week this week!!

rockgremlin
10-15-2007, 08:25 AM
I can't believe Injuns and fish voted against me!!!! How could you do that???? I will own this league by the playoffs.

:five:

It was a sympathy vote. I knew you would win, but just trying to pad the reality of yet another loss for the Apostates. :lol8:

Iceaxe
10-15-2007, 08:40 AM
It was a sympathy vote. I knew you would win, but just trying to pad the reality of yet another loss for the Apostates.

Back in my bar hopping days I really liked having a friend like you..... always willing to sleep with the ugly chick so your buddy can score the hot babe. :2thumbs:

:lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
10-15-2007, 09:01 AM
It was a sympathy vote. I knew you would win, but just trying to pad the reality of yet another loss for the Apostates.

Back in my bar hopping days I really liked having a friend like you..... always willing to sleep with the ugly chick so your buddy can score the hot babe. :2thumbs:

:lol8:

That's it Gremlin. No Lamont Jordan for you. I'm reclaiming him off waivers, jackass.

rockgremlin
10-15-2007, 09:22 AM
That's it Gremlin. No Lamont Jordan for you. I'm reclaiming him off waivers, jackass.

That's OK. I'll just hold on to Brees until he's throwing 300+yard and 3TD games again, and then trade him for someone else.

Always a silver lining..... :mrgreen:

CarpeyBiggs
10-15-2007, 09:53 AM

That's OK. I'll just hold on to Brees until he's throwing 300+yard and 3TD games again, and then trade him for someone else.

Interesting... why don't we just work a possible trade here?

CarpeyBiggs
10-15-2007, 10:01 AM
:roflol:

I think I screwed the pooch again. Can I pick up a player off waivers whom I put on there? Do I still get first priority on him? My plan was to drop him this week, and get him back since I have waiver priority. Now I am wondering if I can actually do that...

rockgremlin
10-15-2007, 10:01 AM

Interesting... why don't we just work a possible trade here?

Ummmm....well you've already dropped him. I think if you want him back, you should get first dibs at him.

rockgremlin
10-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Out of curiosity, why would you want Brees? I thought you picked up Roethlisberger? Big Ben has been doing pretty well this season...much better than Brees.

CarpeyBiggs
10-15-2007, 10:18 AM
I am actually interested in getting a WR who can get me some points... Also, it's hard to tell who will bounce back later in the season. When I think of pure QB's, and the way our fantasy scoring works, I gotta think Brees has more points potential than Big Ben. Brees just needs to get his poop together.

rockgremlin
10-15-2007, 11:26 AM
If you need a decent WR, try Eddie Drummond -- return guy for Kansas City. Those return guys are worth their weight in gold. I played 2 return guys this week (Rock Cartwright, and Steve Breaston) and combined they got me 35 points.

accadacca
10-16-2007, 08:30 AM
6 teams at 3-3 = amazing. I needed Jacobs to have BIG game to have a chance. They put f***in' Droughns in for the 1 yd TD run. There are not many teams with a featured back anymore. The G-men use 3 backs. :frustrated:

And of course Peterson has his coming out party against me. . .running wild. :wallbash:

CarpeyBiggs
10-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Hey Ice, you're welcome for claiming Jordan. I screwed that one up. Figured I could reclaim him after the week's games were over. Appparently, if you put someone on waivers, you can't reclaim them until they clear. Waiver priority doesn't apply in that situation. Whoops...

Iceaxe
10-17-2007, 07:48 AM
Appparently, if you put someone on waivers, you can't reclaim them until they clear. Waiver priority doesn't apply in that situation. Whoops...

I made the same mistake earlier in the year with Brees. I needed a QB because mine both had byes. I figured I'd just pick Brees back up on the back side..... nope, doesn't work that way.

CarpeyBiggs
10-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Another week... Another loss... Clearly, I won't make the playoffs, so let's get creative. Consider my entire team on the trading block...

rockgremlin
10-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Another week... Another loss... Clearly, I won't make the playoffs, so let's get creative. Consider my entire team on the trading block...

I urge you not to go down that road. It's frustrating to lose all the time, but don't be so eager to self destruct. I reached a point last season where I was about to dump my entire roster into the waivers and call it quits. That ended up pissing off most of the rest of the league, so I stuck it out...and went on to take first place. Here's a direct quote from the 2006 Fantasy Football thread, page 9:

"Anybody want any of the players on my team? I'm selling them off to the highest bidder. Maybe I'll donate all of my best players to the worst team in our league just to make things interesting. And I don't wanna hear any shit from you guys at the top either. It's my team, and my players, and I can do what I want with them."

I've been there. It sucks. Just give it time. There's a lot of football left to be played.

CarpeyBiggs
10-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Not self-destructing, it is just fantasy football, after all... I just want to talk some reasonable trash, but I'd hate to resort to taking personal shots at y'all...

Simply interested in making some changes. My current setup clearly ain't gettin' it done. It will be more fun for me to try and make something happen.

Iceaxe
10-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah.... looks like I'm also a bottom feeder this year....

My new goal is to see who I can knock out of the play-offs :2thumbs:

CarpeyBiggs
10-22-2007, 11:46 AM
This just in... Ronnie Brown OUT for the season. Wow. Can it get any better?

accadacca
10-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Unbelievable!! :ne_nau: Up until this week I have been leading the league in scoring and somehow my team is 3-4? Not one of my opponents have scored under 100 and they are averaging 112. Holy sheehat batman. . . :eek2:

nelsonccc
10-23-2007, 07:01 AM
This just in... Ronnie Brown OUT for the season. Wow. Can it get any better?

Wheeeewww.... dodged a bullet there. I offered Brett Favre, Terrel Owens and Glen Holt to Dan (Team Apostate) for Houshmanadda and Ronnie Brown. I thought for sure he was going to take it. I loved pounding Dan to his seventh loss. Oh the joys of fantasy football.

rockgremlin
10-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Unbelievable!! :ne_nau: Up until this week I have been leading the league in scoring and somehow my team is 3-4? Not one of my opponents have scored under 100 and they are averaging 112. Holy sheehat batman. . . :eek2:

Yeah...aren't bye weeks a bitch?! :roflol: It would've helped if your boy L.T. wasn't on a bye. Hey I'll be the first to admit that I am getting EXTREMELY lucky lately. It seems that for the last four games, I have been scoring higher than my projections, and my opponents have been consistently scoring less than their projections. I think it must be bad Karma to play against me...

BTW, Ronnie Brown is a bitch!!!

Iceaxe
10-23-2007, 07:28 AM
I offered Brett Favre, Terrel Owens and Glen Holt to Dan (Team Apostate) for Houshmanadda and Ronnie Brown.

Hey, I'm well stocked at RB but could use some WR help and maybe some QB help pretty bad. Make me an offer.....

And folks.... there is a good reason why I dumped Dante Hall who at one time was leading points among all WR.... he is out for the year, might make it back for the last 2 or 3 games.... funny but half the league has picked him up since I dropped him. I doubt you will see Hall back this year because his replacement (Brandon Williams) is doing outstanding.

CarpeyBiggs
10-23-2007, 07:38 AM
I loved pounding Dan to his seventh loss. Oh the joys of fantasy football.

Man, what a pathetic life you live... That's like taking joy in kicking the shit out of a homeless man and stealing the last of his food.

rockgremlin
10-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Sorry bout that Carpey.... :ne_nau: If only I knew...

rockgremlin
10-23-2007, 08:01 AM
I'll make you an offer for a decent WR for either Brees or Garcia. Garcia is playing pretty well as of late...

CarpeyBiggs
10-23-2007, 08:03 AM
I've got rothlisberger now... He had a great week. I need a RB!

Iceaxe
10-23-2007, 08:10 AM
I'll make you an offer for a decent WR for either Brees or Garcia. Garcia is playing pretty well as of late...

WR is what I need.... RB is what I got.....

I think I got my QB problems worked out with Griese..... who if you haven't noticed is number 2 QB in points since they benched Wreak Grossman.

And No Way in Hell do I want Brees back.... he is the one that put me in this frickin' hole. I dumped him so I would no longer be tempted to keep playing him.

rockgremlin
10-23-2007, 08:11 AM
I have Drew Brees and Jeff Garcia. I need a kicker and/or a wide receiver this week. If you have a WR or K available, and need a decent QB, make me an offer.

rockgremlin
10-23-2007, 08:27 AM
I have Drew Brees and Jeff Garcia. I need a kicker and/or a wide receiver this week. If you have a WR or K available, and need a decent QB, make me an offer.

Never mind...I just went fishing in the waivers and found me a few solid pics. :blbl: So, those two QBs are now up for grabs.

I think I'll have another lucky week again this week, but I would not be surprised if the Apostates got their first win this week.

Iceaxe
10-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Jesse Chatman

WOW.... you just PWND Apostate with that one....

CarpeyBiggs
10-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey Ice, you mind telling me which JV team Jesse Chatman played his college ball for? Just curious...

Iceaxe
10-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Eastern Washington....

But thats not the point..... the point being he replaces Ronnie Brown, which often means he will have Ronnie Brown type numbers.... unless he truely is a JV player then his numbers will suck....

Injuins just picked up Miami's new go-to guy. ....That was a nice pick up. :2thumbs:

nelsonccc
10-23-2007, 05:12 PM

Man, what a pathetic life you live... That's like taking joy in kicking the shit out of a homeless man and stealing the last of his food.

Didn't mean to kick you when you're down..uh..never mind, yea I did. Especially after we spent a week e-mailing trade offers to each other.

Look it's your own fault there have been at least 2-3 games where you just mis-managed or didn't manage your team at all where you easily could have won games. This is a tight league and the difference between 2nd or 3rd place and 9th place is 1-2 games. Then there's those damn beaners. He'll be tough to beat unless tom brady dies. Keep your head up sport. In another league i have a lot fo the same guys you do and i'm in fourth place, just playing the matchups and some good waiver pick-ups. If i'm lucky I'll win money in two leagues this season.

CarpeyBiggs
10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Look it's your own fault there have been at least 2-3 games where you just mis-managed or didn't manage your team at all where you easily could have won games.

Ouch. I didn't get to manage the first few weeks of the season since I was physically unable to while I was in Escalante for 10 days. The draft got messed up and I didn't see my roster until week 3... No big deal though. This is my first time ever playing fantasy football, and I was in a huge hole before I even figured out how the thing works. I figured the fun would come from the trash talking (fun even if you are losing) and the live draft. The trash talking is virtually nil, and we all know how the draft went...

live2ride
10-24-2007, 03:50 PM

Didn't mean to kick you when you're down..uh..never mind, yea I did. Especially after we spent a week e-mailing trade offers to each other.

Look it's your own fault there have been at least 2-3 games where you just mis-managed or didn't manage your team at all where you easily could have won games. This is a tight league and the difference between 2nd or 3rd place and 9th place is 1-2 games. Then there's those damn beaners. He'll be tough to beat unless tom brady dies. Keep your head up sport. In another league i have a lot fo the same guys you do and i'm in fourth place, just playing the matchups and some good waiver pick-ups. If i'm lucky I'll win money in two leagues this season.

The season is still young, but it does help me (beaners) to have Brady. I am sure there will be a few bad games from NE this year so we will se what happens.

rockgremlin
10-24-2007, 04:06 PM
The season is still young, but it does help me (beaners) to have Brady. I am sure there will be a few bad games from NE this year so we will se what happens.

Yeah, Brady is pretty much a one-man team right now. But I'm not complaining just as long as he keeps tossing the ball to my main man Welker for 100+ yards and two scores per game. :twisted:

Iceaxe
10-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Killer with a player like Brady and a team like NE is they often start resting guys or using them sparingly near seasons end to avoid injuries and get the team ready for the playoffs.

rockgremlin
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Killer with a player like Brady and a team like NE is they often start resting guys or using them sparingly near seasons end to avoid injuries and get the team ready for the playoffs.

Yes -- excellent point. That happened to me last season with Drew Brees -- the final weeks he was only playing the first half if at all. Really pissed me off!

nelsonccc
10-29-2007, 09:33 PM
And Danny pulls in his first win. Hurrah. If he wins out he could make the playoffs.

rockgremlin
10-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Don't ya just hate it when this happens?

Oct 29 ESPN reports Green Bay Packers RB DeShawn Wynn (neck) will start the team's Week 8 game and earn the majority of the workload.

and then...

Oct 29 Wynn (shoulder) left early in Green Bay's 19-13 overtime victory over Denver on Monday night.
Recommendation: There was no immediate report on the severity of the injury, but we will keep you posted as more information becomes available.

Wynn rushed one time for one yard! Stupid pansy-ass bitch!! Memo to Wynn: this is the NFL, not your momma's teaparty!!

accadacca
10-30-2007, 09:06 AM
How about this one: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Oct 25 By working his way through a neck muscle injury and returning to practice on Thursday, the rookie Wynn remained the Green Bay Packers' starting running back.

Advice: "He's in the No. 1 slot right now," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "He has an opportunity to take it and do something with it. We'll see what he can do." With the Packers gaining a league-worst 65.7 yards rushing per game - a figure that would represent a decent first half for their opponent on Monday night, the Denver Broncos - Wynn knows nothing is assured.
STATS LLC

Recent News

rockgremlin
10-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Yeah -- I'm just glad that I didn't lose by a very small margin, because I swapped out Wynn for Jamal Lewis, and Lewis rushed for 60+ yards. So yeah, I would've been pissed if I lost by 5 points!!!

Good for the Apostates -- it was a badly needed win.

live2ride
10-30-2007, 07:58 PM

Yes -- excellent point. That happened to me last season with Drew Brees -- the final weeks he was only playing the first half if at all. Really pissed me off!

I am keeping my fingers crossed tht everyon stays in, i would like to make a good run this year

accadacca
11-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Holy shehat! There is still 9:00 left in the ballgame and the strippers have scored 223 with 83 points on the bench. WHAT A CRAZY WEEK! :eek2: :ne_nau:

nelsonccc
11-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Holy shehat! There is still 9:00 left in the ballgame and the strippers have scored 223 with 83 points on the bench. WHAT A CRAZY WEEK! :eek2: :ne_nau:

yea, my team went off this week. Almost every position except for TE went for double digits. Score. Let's just hope I can do the same next week against the Beaners.

rockgremlin
11-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Adrian Peterson is the "L.T." of 2007. That guy is sick. It would be one thing if he broke an NFL rushing record against the Miami Dolphins, but against the Chargers? Wow!!

live2ride
11-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Nice week Vegas man, as I said before the season is very young and should make for a good playoff this year with so many teams records so close in the 2nd, and 3rd place anything can happen.

rockgremlin
11-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Look out! Big Ben has five TDs, and it's only halftime!! The Apostates are gonna blast the Big Balls for their second straight win. Nice!

nelsonccc
11-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Nice week Vegas man, as I said before the season is very young and should make for a good playoff this year with so many teams records so close in the 2nd, and 3rd place anything can happen.

I'm just stoked i get to play you when the patriots have a bye. I'll trade my Moss for your Brady anyday. Lets hope i can have a big game next week as well.

live2ride
11-06-2007, 08:33 AM

I'm just stoked i get to play you when the patriots have a bye. I'll trade my Moss for your Brady anyday. Lets hope i can have a big game next week as well.
I will have a chance if the rest of my team shows up this week, unlike last week when they were all held in check. But I am not planning on a win.

accadacca
11-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Vinatieri missed! Vinatieri missed! Vinatieri missed! Vinatieri missed! Vinatieri missed! Vinatieri missed! Vinatieri missed! Vinatieri missed!

:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

I just got damn lucky and pulled off a 3 point win. . .otherwise it would have ended in a tie. :five:

rockgremlin
11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
You dodged a major bullet. The Chargers didn't win so much because of their skill, but because Vinatieri is a shitass that can't kick worth shit. Hell, your average overweight, middle-aged woman could kick a football 29 yards. Looks like Vinatieri needs to be pulled aside and given a piss test. Was he stoned when he walked out on the field? :ne_nau:

CarpeyBiggs
11-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Meanwhile, the Apostates are on three game win streak...

accadacca
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
You dodged a major bullet. The Chargers didn't win so much because of their skill, but because Vinatieri is a shitass that can't kick worth shit. Hell, your average overweight, middle-aged woman could kick a football 29 yards. Looks like Vinatieri needs to be pulled aside and given a piss test. Was he stoned when he walked out on the field? :ne_nau:
:lol8: Yeah you know two super bowl victories have come off his leg.

Iceaxe
11-12-2007, 08:56 AM
By the end of the day Ice will be in 4th, maybe 3rd.... you guys in front had better be watching your rear view mirror because I'm standing on the gas!!!!

eclipsee_steering

rockgremlin
11-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Memo to Peyton Manning:

The guys with the WHITE jerseys are on your team. Don't pass the ball to the guys with the BLUE jerseys. WHITE jerseys = good guys, BLUE jerseys = bad guys. Got it?

6 interceptions....inexcusable :roll:

live2ride
11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Memo to Peyton Manning:

The guys with the WHITE jerseys are on your team. Don't pass the ball to the guys with the BLUE jerseys. WHITE jerseys = good guys, BLUE jerseys = bad guys. Got it?

Yeah, he missed the memo by a longshot. I guess this means he will have a huge week next week. Of course Big Balls will play my team!

accadacca
11-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Memo to Peyton Manning:

Dood is one of the original "horse heads." He and John Elway. :lol8:

Iceaxe
11-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I really like resetting the wavier order to last place gets first shot. This system has helped pull me out of the basement....

...but....

To be totally fair the wavier order needs to be consistently reset on the same day each week.

I believe Tuesday is the best day to reset the order to help the bottom feeders the most. So commish... get on it...

:cool2:

rockgremlin
11-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Apparently it has helped the Apostates pull out of last place too. He's on a roll...

CarpeyBiggs
11-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Apparently it has helped the Apostates pull out of last place too. He's on a roll...

Yep. Nice to actually get Roethlisberger, who doesn't get hurt every other game like the rest of my team has... Ronnie Brown, Lamont Jordan, Marc Bulger, etc... I think my team is setup pretty well right now, if I could just find a decent running back. But at this stage of the year, I think it's probably hopeless.

nelsonccc
11-14-2007, 08:20 PM
I really like resetting the wavier order to last place gets first shot. This system has helped pull me out of the basement....

...but....

To be totally fair the wavier order needs to be consistently reset on the same day each week.

I believe Tuesday is the best day to reset the order to help the bottom feeders the most. So commish... get on it...

Hasn't even been done some weeks. I dropped Mcnabb last week fairly confident that someone would pick him up before the beaners so i wouldn't have to play the guy i dropped. Beaners picked him up and almost beat me.

live2ride
11-15-2007, 09:08 AM

...but....

Hasn't even been done some weeks. I dropped Mcnabb last week fairly confident that someone would pick him up before the beaners so i wouldn't have to play the guy i dropped. Beaners picked him up and almost beat me.

Yeah I was pretty lucky, that is exactly why I don't like messing with the waivers at all, and the waiver wire is one of the most important parts of the game, manage your waivers (save up your #1 spot) and you can get who you want. Oh yeah thanks for Mcnabb, if Brady does start to get benched I know have a great backup option!!! :2thumbs:

icthys
11-16-2007, 08:16 AM

...but....

I haven't been good about doing it at the beginning of each week, I'm not doing it everyday, especially in the middle of the season.

Bottom line, you should make your first waiver pick of the week count.

I've had the top picks for the last few weeks, hasn't made a difference for me. I was hurt early on when my QB's came up injured, and with a stupid scoring system that puts QB's as valuable as 2-3 other players combined killed me this year.

That's Fantasy Football.

Iceaxe
11-16-2007, 09:13 AM
I don't think the wavier order needs to be reset every day.... I say just pick one day of the week (I suggest Tuesday because that's when the new league recorded is posted) and reset it that day.

icthys
11-16-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't think the wavier order needs to be reset every day.... I say just pick one day of the week (I suggest Tuesday because that's when the new league recorded is posted) and reset it that day.

Fair enough, Tuesday it is.

rockgremlin
11-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Geez, the Strippers are KILLING us!! Tough to win when your opponent has TWO PLAYERS that score FOUR touchdowns, and another that goes for three.

Unbelieveable...

live2ride
11-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Strippers are on there way to a sweep if they keep this up, I don't think you can count on this every week but his team is pretty stacked. It's a good thing the scoring is the way it is or he would be walking through us even more. Nice job. :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
11-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Strippers are on there way to a sweep if they keep this up, I don't think you can count on this every week but his team is pretty stacked. It's a good thing the scoring is the way it is or he would be walking through us even more. Nice job. :2thumbs:

Really kicking myself for not having picked up Chester Taylor and Steven Jackson. Those were awesome acquisitions...

live2ride
11-19-2007, 01:14 PM

Really kicking myself for not having picked up Chester Taylor and Steven Jackson. Those were awesome acquisitions...

Chester Talor won't last long and I think this was a lucky week for him, Adrian peterson should be back and we will se how it goes?

nelsonccc
11-19-2007, 07:35 PM

Yea, i've had a few big weeks. With Taylor i needed a back up for Peterson and figured if the o-line was good enough for him then it would be good enough for taylor. Plus the match-up was irresistable. I was watching the cowboys game with a total woodie the whole time. Then later i see moss do the same thing. Crazy.

accadacca
12-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Looks like Ice and I might be in a slug fest for the playoffs. But don't count the krackas out either. :popcorn:

rockgremlin
12-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Looks like Ice and I might be in a slug fest for the playoffs. But don't count the krackas out either. :popcorn:

Might I point out that your lucky ass is still in the hunt ONLY because dipshit Adam Vinatieri can't kick an F'ing 20-yd field goal to save his life! He really went downhill there. It got to the point where the homefield fans were booing him every time he stepped foot on the field.

rockgremlin
12-11-2007, 07:35 AM
WoW! I never would have guessed that Big Balls would've ended up in the consolation bracket. Mr. Brees came through huge for Ice last night.

I think the battle for first place will be tighter than expected -- this is noway a runaway for either the Strippers (who lost to me by a HUGE margin last week) or the Beaners. Ice's team is looking very strong late in the season.

Iceaxe
12-11-2007, 07:53 AM
I've been busting my ass to get back into this thing..... I think I was in 7th place 4 games into the season.... I've been lucky in picking fringe players who looked like they might step up big each week and climbed back into the hunt.

I whipped beaners once this year..... hope to do it again this week. If I remember correctly the guy with the best record at seasons end has never won the chanpionship in our league.

Good luck to all.... game on!!!

live2ride
12-11-2007, 08:05 AM
I've been busting my ass to get back into this thing..... I think I was in 7th place 4 games into the season.... I've been lucky in picking fringe players who looked like they might step up big each week and climbed back into the hunt.

I whipped beaners once this year..... hope to do it again this week. If I remember correctly the guy with the best record at seasons end has never won the chanpionship in our league.

Good luck to all.... game on!!!

Yeah that usually happens in every leauge, and to my luck I am first in all the leauges that I am playin in. At least our scoring is based on QB's so if Brady goes off I could hold strong. We shall see

Iceaxe
12-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Problem with our league that is so heavily QB based is you are just a twisted ankle, hard hit, or bench the second half to save from being injuired away from a really bad game.

And WTF... anyone see the betting line this week? New England +27 over the Jets. :lol8:

Maybe Brady will be sitting by half time and I have a descent shot....

:2thumbs:

live2ride
12-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Problem with our league that is so heavily QB based is you are just a twisted ankle, hard hit, or bench the second half to save from being injuired away from a really bad game.

And WTF... anyone see the betting line this week? New England +27 over the Jets. :lol8:

You have to remember that Mangini was on the Patriots staff and they hate him. The Jets were the ones that revealed "spy gate" so who knows what the heck will happen. Also I didn't even need Brady to win last week, all my RB's are healthy and we will see if they decide to show up or not.

nelsonccc
12-13-2007, 09:12 AM
WoW! I never would have guessed that Big Balls would've ended up in the consolation bracket. Mr. Brees came through huge for Ice last night.

I think the battle for first place will be tighter than expected -- this is noway a runaway for either the Strippers (who lost to me by a HUGE margin last week) or the Beaners. Ice's team is looking very strong late in the season.

Yeah, i got dicked in the ass. Seemed like all of my big players took a shit. Moss and Owens have been like that all season. Drives me crazy. Some weeks they get 20+ points the next they get 4, but it's not like you can sit 'em. Favre that week with the elbow, 4 points. Every other week he goes for +30 points. Adrian last week? WTF. 0 points. All you can do is hope that the players score well. I took home $ last year and hopefully i can this year again, but if not it was still fun.

Iceaxe
12-13-2007, 10:12 AM
My playoffs started last week because a lose to Balls and I would have been out....

With the playoff brackets we use a bad week this week and the best you can hope for it 3rd place.... but the bright side to a bottom feeder like me is I just need a good week this week and I'm guaranteed at least 2nd place money.....

Fun stuff :2thumbs:

nelsonccc
12-13-2007, 11:38 AM

You have to remember that Mangini was on the Patriots staff and they hate him. The Jets were the ones that revealed "spy gate" so who knows what the heck will happen. Also I didn't even need Brady to win last week, all my RB's are healthy and we will see if they decide to show up or not.

Agree. I think the patriots are going to stick it to the Jets HARD. I'm glad i don't play you this week, though next week won;t be any better with them at Miami. Hopefully they go up a bit an dput in somebody else, that's assuming i win this week.

rockgremlin
12-13-2007, 11:43 AM
My pics:

Ice and Vegas Strippers in the championships

Me and Beaners battle for third.

Final result:

1. Vegas Strippers
2. Ice
3. Beaners
4. Savage Injuns

Iceaxe
12-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Dang.... tough to bet against beaners.... he has only lost 2 games all year. And I expect Brady and New England to be extra motivated for the the Jets.

live2ride
12-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Dang.... tough to bet against beaners.... he has only lost 2 games all year. And I expect Brady and New England to be extra motivated for the the Jets.

We will see how it turns out, I was hoping I didn't have to play Ice in this first round. I am stuck with the dillema of which RB to put in tonight.....Young or Henry man that could mean I miss out on some points.

Iceaxe
12-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Young or Henry man that could mean I miss out on some points.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

accadacca
12-13-2007, 08:11 PM
You can all BLOW me! :frustrated:

Iceaxe
12-13-2007, 08:15 PM
You can all BLOW me! :frustrated:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/RedMage323/Fail.png

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x29/juggalo_just/1194016198263pm1.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k257/birkbott/jpics7lcQht2XyU5Cv1o.jpg

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/759e6ff171.jpg

Iceaxe
12-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Selvin Young 3 points
Rudi Johnson 1 point
And a blizzard in New England.....

Dang Beaners.... thanks for leaving the door to the championship wide open....

....now if I can just step through without tripping......

Should be interesting Sunday.

Iceaxe
12-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Tom Brady 12 points :eek2:

Live by the QB - Die by the QB...

nelsonccc
12-16-2007, 05:11 PM

Look slike top two guys are out. I need a big game monday night to even come close to winning. F'ing fantasy football. What do you do? PLayoffs two years in a row. not too bad. I could still pull out 3rd place.

rockgremlin
12-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Look slike top two guys are out. I need a big game monday night to even come close to winning. F'ing fantasy football. What do you do? PLayoffs two years in a row. not too bad. I could still pull out 3rd place.

I'm as shocked as you are. Ice vs. Injuns in the finals....who ever saw that one coming?

live2ride
12-17-2007, 09:59 AM
I was OWNED!!! I saw it coming all along when they said the weather was shitty, there were alot of people who got there ass kicked because of Brady!! Pretty damn funny!!

accadacca
12-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Any bets on the smack down? #3 vs. #4 ding, ding! :boxing:

live2ride
12-19-2007, 08:15 AM
#3 vs #4 should be a good game, look at the yahoo projections for points. It will be interesting.

Iceaxe
12-27-2007, 07:50 AM
So where's my cash????

:ne_nau:

icthys
12-27-2007, 08:11 AM
So where's my cash????

:ne_nau:

I spent it on a new flat screen

icthys
12-27-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm still trying to collect money from our last minute player so I can get you guys the full payouts. You guys let me know how long you want me to wait. If I pay out with out the last $50 the payments would be $16.67 less than what you would get.

accadacca
12-27-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm still trying to collect money from our last minute player so I can get you guys the full payouts. You guys let me know how long you want me to wait. If I pay out with out the last $50 the payments would be $16.67 less than what you would get.
Who is it and we'll send out the uutah knee breakers. :haha:

icthys
12-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Who is it and we'll send out the uutah knee breakers. :haha:

I've already go one on it. Isn't sombeech out of commission anyway?

rockgremlin
12-27-2007, 09:16 AM

Wha wha WHAT?! Some jackass has been playing the entire season on good faith and IOUs? That's bovine excrement. Add another tweak for next year -- you no pay = you no play!

How about we wait 16 weeks.....errrrrr....we already have!!! I'm not down for waiting too much longer...

icthys
12-27-2007, 10:45 AM

Wha wha WHAT?! Some jackass has been playing the entire season on good faith and IOUs? That's bovine excrement. Add another tweak for next year -- you no pay = you no play!

How about we wait 16 weeks.....errrrrr....we already have!!! I'm not down for waiting too much longer...

This was our last and final player, without him we wouldn't have had a full roster. I don't want to dig up the post but there were some who said we needed to find a final player even if they didn't pay.

If it wouldn't have been for the final non-paying player you may not have had the chance to play and win the 1st place money even if it is $233.33 instead of $250.

Quit bitchin' and go buy some belated Christmas presents for yourself or give it to the Road Home.

rockgremlin
12-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Quit bitchin' and go buy some belated Christmas presents for yourself or give it to the Road Home.

So is this your way of saying that you don't anticipate that player #10 will pony up the dough?

We didn't start up the season under the pretense that everyone except one guy paid up. I (and I think everyone) thought that everyone had anted in. It's a bit deceiving to have this sprung on us at season's end.

rockgremlin
12-27-2007, 11:32 AM
BTW, shouldn't the amended payout schedule look like this?

Total Pot = 50 X 9 = 450

1st Place - $450 X 0.5 = $225
2nd Place - $450 X 0.3 = $135
3rd Place - $450 X 0.2 = $90

$225 + $135 + $90 = $450 (checks out)

live2ride
12-27-2007, 12:29 PM
He will pay! it is my good friend and neighbor if he doesn't pay I will pay it for him so relax and it will get done, I am not sure if he has paypal so I will find out in a couple of hours. :2thumbs:

nelsonccc
01-01-2008, 03:58 PM
everything get settled? We had another good season, close run and another surprising finish. I was fourth seed last year and took second, so it's good to see the love get spread around. Looking forward to next year.

accadacca
01-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Yah. Did you all spend that hard earned CASH! :bootyshake: :haha:

icthys
01-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Haven't seen the last payment come in yet.

It's up to the winners to let me know when you want the cash.

rockgremlin
01-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Haven't seen the last payment come in yet.

It's up to the winners to let me know when you want the cash.

<AHEM!!> Oh......Live2Ride......any news from your neighbor?

I'm dusting off my brass knuckles....

rockgremlin
01-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Live2Ride -- anything new from your neighbor buddy?

I hope I don't have to resort to obnoxiousness....

live2ride
01-04-2008, 03:49 PM

If someone can send me a paypal deal or tell me where to send it I can get it taken care of this weekend, or I can meet someone in SLC next week and exchange the cash. He doesnt have paypal so I can pay it and he will give me the cash.

rockgremlin
01-04-2008, 04:13 PM

If someone can send me a paypal deal or tell me where to send it I can get it taken care of this weekend, or I can meet someone in SLC next week and exchange the cash. He doesnt have paypal so I can pay it and he will give me the cash.

Or how about:

You snail mail me the $50 bucks. Your friend re-imburses you. Icthys then paypals me $200 bucks, and the remaining cash to you and Ice as scheduled. Let me know if this sounds agreeable, and I'll PM you my address.

Or:

Icthys just paypals you $50 less than your original winnings, and then your friend re-imburses you the rest.

rockgremlin
01-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Or:

Icthys just paypals you $50 less than your original winnings, and then your friend re-imburses you the rest.

Does this sound good Live2Ride? Just thinking of the least complicated method here...

live2ride
01-07-2008, 12:24 PM
sure, sounds good.

rockgremlin
01-07-2008, 12:38 PM
sure, sounds good.

You copy that Icthys?

rockgremlin
01-09-2008, 12:55 PM
sure, sounds good.

You copy that Icthys?

yo commish....you there?

Iceaxe
01-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Yo... commish.... looks like it's settled. Send my cash.

accadacca
01-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Someone just paypaled me $225? :ne_nau: Thanks. :twisted:

Iceaxe
01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Your lucky.... I finished in 2nd and have not seen a dime.

rockgremlin
01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
HULLOOOOOO???!!!

Yo commish -- are you still alive? wtf!!!

Paypal:

Rockgremlin $250 bucks

Ice $150 bucks

Live2Ride $50 bucks

icthys
01-11-2008, 07:49 PM
HULLOOOOOO???!!!

Yo commish -- are you still alive? wtf!!!

Paypal:

Rockgremlin $250 bucks

Ice $150 bucks

Live2Ride $50 bucks

I was out of town and didn't have access for the last week. It'll be out in the next couple of days.

icthys
01-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Cash has been sent.

rockgremlin
01-14-2008, 09:06 PM
he lives!!

Thanx Jess.

Iceaxe
01-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks all who participated.... I'm already looking forward to taking your money next year.

rockgremlin
01-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Thanks all who participated.... I'm already looking forward to taking your money next year.

Agreed! :2thumbs: Dan (skullkrackas) and I had a lot of fun this season. We got together most sundays to root for our guys. Dan feels like he got raped this season, and I can't blame him -- he was one lousy 29 yrd field goal away from making the playoffs. Anyways, I talked him into participating again next season. I can hardly wait to take first place again next year! :twisted: