PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any good camping spots?

Danicadotcom
07-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I am looking for a good camping spot to go camping at this weekend ...somewhere kinda secluded and close to Salt Lake would be best, but driving far is fine with me if its a good place to camp. It also needs to be free not one of those place where you have to pay to camp there each night. I was going to go to a place in Spanish Fork Canyon but there was a fire there last week and was also closed on Monday because of bear sitings...all in all I am just looking for a way chill place for me and my friends to camp at for the weekend!

Please help me out we leave tomorrow night!!
Thanks for you time!! :2thumbs:

Danica

Scott Card
07-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Give us a few details like, do you want to be by a stream or lake? Do you have four wheel drive? Car camping only? Are you looking for a base camp to then hike or are you just chillin? Lots of places out there with a few more details I am sure many suggestions could be made. Also, you may want to post this in the Camping section

DirkHammergate
07-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Give us a few details like, do you want to be by a stream or lake? Do you have four wheel drive? Car camping only? Are you looking for a base camp to then hike or are you just chillin? Lots of places out there with a few more details I am sure many suggestions could be made. Also, you may want to post this in the Camping section

I thought this was the Camping section.. anywho, depending on what you'd like, I think anything in the Uintas on the Mirror Lake Highway would be great this weekend. Campsites starting just past the pay station all the way to Evanston (basically).

Or go up East Canyon over the summit, dispersed areas just after the summit.

Scott Card
07-12-2007, 11:51 AM
I thought this was the Camping section..

Hey... I may be old but I am not yet senile. This post originated in the General section. :nod: There are also a bunch of places in the Spanish Fork canyon area that are still good spots. There is a good little canyon between Birdseye and Indianola. Also Diamond Fork is open. Another suggestion is to head to Fairview Canyon. Lots of places between Fairview and Scofield that are free.

Danicadotcom
07-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Being by a stream would be nice but not a must (the dogs would love it), or maybe kinda close to a lake cause we could go swimming on Saturday. Being by a place to go hiking on Saturday is also a good idea so we aren't just sitting around with nothing to do, but just a chill spot would work to..I do have for wheel drive but some of my friends don't so ya...We are planing on pitching tents and have a simple camp fire...

A guy I work with gave me the suggestion of Farmington Canyon up to Sunset Camp grounds! Its suppose to be a chill spot away from to drama of the city which exactly the reason why we are going...there are possibly place to hike up there to. But i would love to hear more suggestions!!!

Thanks

asdf
07-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Log or Maple Canyons are always nice.
The campground will fill up on weekends if you come late. You can always drive up the road to some of the large flat areas above the canyon.

Jaxx
07-12-2007, 12:53 PM
American Fork canyon is nice, you can find places away from everyone up past Tibble fork res.

asdf
07-12-2007, 08:28 PM
a simple camp fire...

Anyone know anything about current fire restrictions?....

CarpeyBiggs
07-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Campfires are banned statewide, PERIOD. No fires allowed anywhere under any circumstance for the time being.

http://www.utahfireinfo.gov/restrictions/State_Fire_Restriction_July4.pdf

scoutabout
07-12-2007, 10:46 PM
That restriction is for state lands only. The FS and BLM are on Level 1 fire restrictions, so that's fires only in designated fire pits located in improved campgrounds. No backcountry fires.

Danicadotcom
07-13-2007, 07:40 AM
That is really really good to know...thanks!

Well its been decided one of our friends knows about a place in Park City up Wolf Creek I believe...I am not sure if thats right but my friend knows where we are going...Thanks for all your help guys i appreciate it!!! :2thumbs:

I will be taking pictures so I will try and remember to post some of them!!!

Danica

accadacca
07-13-2007, 08:59 AM
I will be taking pictures so I will try and remember to post some of them!!!

Danica
Thats the fee. :cool2:

Danicadotcom
07-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Ive got PICTURES!!!! So we went up parleys canyon and got off at the Kamas exit and then drove threw Kamas and then up wolf creek...the place we stayed was perfect awesome scenery a lil cold once night rolled around but not too bad it was secluded and had some biting flies but we just covered our selves in the best bug spray around!! Its was an awesome spot!

Danica!!!

DirkHammergate
07-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Sweet spot, cool pix.... I camp up through Kamas off the Mirror Lake highway all the time, I heard the mosquitos are off the chart hungry right now though. I might go up this weekend...

Danicadotcom
07-18-2007, 08:05 AM
There not to bad its the flies that are grouse...but just bring some bug spray and you should be fine its an awesome beautiful very green area!!! You should check it out take one of the dirt roads off of wolf creek and there are tons of way cool spots away from people so you can actually enjoy nature and being away from the city life!!!

HOPE YOU HAVE FUN!!! :2thumbs: