PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo! New V-Strom

Mtnbiker
07-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey guys, well wifey told me to just shut the hell up about it and go buy the dang thing. So I did. Just picked up my 07 Suzuki V-strom 1000 last night. I put her first 150 miles on between then and now and I can't tell you how fun this bike is. This is the first motorcycle I've owned and so far, I really really love it. Tam and I cruised up the Alpine loop last night and then I drove up to Alta this morning while it was still cool. What a blast :2thumbs: :nod:

I'm experimenting a little bit right now with windshield positions. It feels like the shield either needs to go way down or way up, and is letting a lot of turbulent air over the top right into my helmet. Probably 90% of the miles on this beauty will be me commuting to work on the highway, so I want to be comfortable. I also chose this bike though so I wouldn't be limited to just paved roads. I'd love to hit some backcountry stuff too.

Anyhoo, here she is!! Maybe now I can head out with a few of you guys on a little road trip some time.

Peace, Ian

derstuka
07-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey guys, well wifey told me to just shut the hell up about it and go buy the dang thing. So I did. Just picked up my 07 Suzuki V-strom 1000 last night. I put her first 150 miles on between then and now and I can't tell you how fun this bike is. This is the first motorcycle I've owned and so far, I really really love it. Tam and I cruised up the Alpine loop last night and then I drove up to Alta this morning while it was still cool. What a blast :2thumbs: :nod:

I'm experimenting a little bit right now with windshield positions. It feels like the shield either needs to go way down or way up, and is letting a lot of turbulent air over the top right into my helmet. Probably 90% of the miles on this beauty will be me commuting to work on the highway, so I want to be comfortable. I also chose this bike though so I wouldn't be limited to just paved roads. I'd love to hit some backcountry stuff too.

Anyhoo, here she is!! Maybe now I can head out with a few of you guys on a little road trip some time.

Peace, Ian

Very nice sir. Good choice. Glad you weren't like all these other clowns getting a Gixxer 1k for their first bike and looping it in a week. I like the old Suzie V-strom. Nice bike. :2thumbs:

I noticed you said this is your first bike. Have you taken the Motorcycle Safety Course (MSF)? This is a 2-3 day course and gives you lots of valuable tips that will help save your life/avoid accidents, and just plain make you a better rider. Not to mention, it gives you a slight insurance discount. No matter how good someone thinks they can ride, this will help you out. I always recommend it, because I have seen way to many friend toss and bike down the road because of inexperience. Remember to respect the old girl, and now it is time to :rockon: :ride:

http://www.msf-usa.org/

BTW, once you get a couple grand on that ole girl (fully broken in), put the good stuff in her. Some Redline Oil. It ain't cheap, but it is the best stuff out there. Bar none. Plus, it is wet-clutch safe. Depending on your riding conditions, you can go longer between changes as long as you change your oil filter.

http://www.redlineoil.com/

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_motoroil.asp?categoryID=11

accadacca
07-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Very cool. Got the fever huh? Cool! Utah is a great place to own a bike. Welcome to the crowd! :2thumbs: