PDA

View Full Version : IKEA

Iceaxe
07-05-2007, 09:16 PM
OK, I finally visited the new IKEA in Draper, I mean heck, it

accadacca
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Yup, none of the stuff really impressed me either. Its all this modern shiz and I guess I ain't hip enough. And yeah the place is like a big maze/obstacle course. :lame:

RugerShooter
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
So what did they con you into buying?

Iceaxe
07-05-2007, 09:26 PM
I bought NOTHING!!! The place doesn't have an electronic department, or a motorcycle shop, or a car dealership, or a sporting goods section.... its a total chick's store that has lots of little worthless crap to hang on the walls and stuff.

RugerShooter
07-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the warning, I will just stay the heck out of that place :2thumbs:

DirkHammergate
07-05-2007, 10:17 PM
IKEA = cheap Swedish shit (can you tell the Ex is of Swedish decent???)

Seriously, the only 1/2 decent stuff in there are the housewares, the rest of it is completely sterile but it is so freaking cheap people go nuts over it.

CarpeyBiggs
07-05-2007, 10:19 PM
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I actually was at IKEA no more than two hours ago. I had grand ideas for my new digs, yet I walked away empty handed. Cool stuff, but not THAT cool...

On the other hand, did you try their restaurant? I mean, I am no man of a refined palate, but those swedish meatballs were pretty damn good, and warshed 'em down with some chocolate cake, all for less than 5 bucks a person. Not bad. It's a toss up for best retail restaurant between Costco, Cabelas, and Ikea, each with their own merits...

gonzo
07-06-2007, 06:43 AM
My wife and I bought a lot of our furniture from IKEA back when we lived in California. Most of the stuff is throw away crap, but you can find some decent things if you look around. We have some fairly nice IKEA bookcases and a couch that made the move from SanHo to SLC.

The thing I don't like about IKEA is that all of the stuff is individually priced. "Hey, that's a nice table for $80. Oh wait, that doesn't include the legs, those are $10 each."

derstuka
07-06-2007, 07:03 AM
DAMMIT! I hate that place (except for the 50 cent hot dogs near the exit)! I mean, it is frigging maze! The first time, my gf was laughing at me because I was going nuts not being able to find my way out. You have to walk thru the WHOLE damn place in that stupid maze to find your way out!

Cirrus2000
07-07-2007, 02:16 PM
I love Ikea. Jag talar litten Svenske, men Jag f

JP
07-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks for that report, I never entered one of those. But, I do have a Wal-Farts down the road from me and that will be good enough :haha:

Felicia
07-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Ah.......memories of IKEA. I never have to go there again!!!!! :five:

M00km0nster
07-12-2007, 08:33 AM
My wife has been bugging me since the place opened up to visit IKEA. I thought it would be kinda cool, after all the news coverage, all the people camping for days for that 2 dollar chair. Really thought It would be like a trip to Disneyland or a trip to a Bordello. Wow..... Can we say, Supersized Swapmeet? No Wow factor at all. Even a garage sale has more pizazz then that place. Everything was cheep stuff, plastic this and plastic that...:( Even my wife was disappointed, and she is very impressable. I doubt Ill ever go back, cept if I want to buy a paper mache pizza cutter or some plastic curtains. :)

accadacca
07-12-2007, 08:39 AM
My wife has been bugging me since the place opened up to visit IKEA. I thought it would be kinda cool, after all the news coverage, all the people camping for days for that 2 dollar chair. Really thought It would be like a trip to Disneyland or a trip to a Bordello. Wow..... Can we say, Supersized Swapmeet? No Wow factor at all. Even a garage sale has more pizazz then that place. Everything was cheep stuff, plastic this and plastic that...:( Even my wife was disappointed, and she is very impressable. I doubt Ill ever go back, cept if I want to buy a paper mache pizza cutter or some plastic curtains. :)
My wife is the same way and she was not impressed. :2thumbs: :haha: