PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and Highlight Reel

LOAH
07-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Greetings from Orem!

I just joined this forum, but I'm a member of the DWR forum and have spent entirely too much time there. :haha:

I get out and fish whenever I can and that usually ends up being about once or twice a week, but I love to bring a camera and give a detailed report afterwards. I always pack out my garbage and usually any other trash in my vicinity.

Here are two Highlight reels from this, my best year of fishing yet:

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/justisaurus_bucket/?action=view&current=30950ed4.pbw

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/justisaurus_bucket/?action=view&current=9d6f8ab7.pbw

Those were all fish from this year and most of the bigger ones were taken with a minnow rigged weightless on a size 14 treble hook. Normally, they were within 20ft of shore.

I hope to have some current reports soon. I'm not sure where we'll go (my wife, son, and I) this coming weekend, but I'll bring the digicam.

Happy Fishing, Humans. :toker:

fourtycal
07-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Nice fish! Where is this "ditch"? Good to have you on the forum and thanks for the pictures :2thumbs:

LOAH
07-04-2007, 05:46 PM
It's really not a ditch, but it looks like one. It's a spring fed creek that eventually flows into Utah Lake. I believe the spring is over by the "Water Gardens" movie theaters in Pleasant Grove.

It's definitely not stocked, so it only has what's there and what can naturally reproduce each year. I've also caught bow there, once. My biggest fish from the "ditch" was a 19 inch brown on lunch break, about 3 months ago.

I've kept a total of 5 fish from the creek in the last year and a half, and let go many more. I haven't been back for awhile and probably won't go back for a few months. Rapalas or worms work best there.

chickenlicken
07-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Welcome, its great to have another fisherman on this forum. I browse through the DWR site, but don't post much over there. Nice fish photos. Keep em coming.

accadacca
07-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Good lookin' FEESH!! :hail2thechief: :five:

JP
07-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Nice fishies :haha:

shagster
07-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the Forum. I look forward to seeing many more fishing reports. :2thumbs: