PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 7/10 Group Ride :: Dog Lake

accadacca
07-04-2007, 08:03 AM
This is a classic Salt Lake trail located up Mill Creek Canyon and since we have an even day, lets hit it. We'll meet around 5:45-6:00 pm at the Big Water parking area. Anyone is invited to come join us. We have had some great turnouts the last several weeks. See you on Tuesday!! :five:

Directions (http://utahmountainbiking.com/trails/doglake.htm)

fourtycal
07-04-2007, 04:33 PM
IN! :2thumbs:

ericchile
07-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Should be there!

live2ride
07-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Ill be there for this one.

KanyonKris
07-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Limited parking at the top of Millcreek and you have to pay a few bucks per car - how about we carpool up? We usually meet in the Dan's parking lot on Wasatch Blvd just south of 3900 South. I'm thinking the carpool should leave Dan's at 5:30.

greyhair biker
07-05-2007, 03:51 PM
:2thumbs: believe it or not I am IN :2thumbs:

fourtycal
07-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Limited parking at the top of Millcreek and you have to pay a few bucks per car - how about we carpool up? We usually meet in the Dan's parking lot on Wasatch Blvd just south of 3900 South. I'm thinking the carpool should leave Dan's at 5:30.

Dans parking lot sounds good to me. I'll be there at 5:30 :2thumbs:

fourtycal
07-05-2007, 04:31 PM

Sweet! :five:

shlingdawg
07-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I'll be there too. I'll be coming down from Park City area (Coalville) if anyone wants to carpool. I'll be heading back that way after too.

accadacca
07-05-2007, 08:38 PM

Dans parking lot sounds good to me. I'll be there at 5:30 :2thumbs:
Yeah, I was thinking that same thing today as I was drive to St. George. :2thumbs:

accadacca
07-05-2007, 08:39 PM

Sweet! :five:
Coolness!! :cool2:

tallsteve
07-06-2007, 07:26 AM
I'll try to be there but don't wait for me if I'm not at the parking lot by the time you're ready to roll. Sounds fun!

PunchKing
07-06-2007, 08:31 AM
I will on a business trip and not able to make it, I have a annual pass and will be happy to loan my pass to someone else.

cmpbiker
07-06-2007, 09:31 AM
KanyonKris wrote:

They have been known to be kind of dicks about biker parking, specifically the Einsteins shop. We have just avoided it completely and hit either the Park and Ride lot on 39th or the "water wheel" lot just north on Wasatch.

accadacca
07-06-2007, 11:54 AM
We could also meet at the dirt park n ride just across from the sinclair?

KanyonKris
07-06-2007, 04:58 PM
They have been known to be kind of dicks about biker parking, specifically the Einsteins shop. We have just avoided it completely and hit either the Park and Ride lot on 39th or the "water wheel" lot just north on Wasatch.
Good to know. I haven't been hassled in the 3 times I've parked there. Maybe I've just been lucky. I do park far away from the stores (near Wasatch). I've yet to see the lot even approach full so I don't know why they'd care as long as I'm not taking up prime customer spots. :ne_nau:

Dan's is nice because you just go up to 3800 South and make a right turn - no left turns or crossing streets. But it's not a big deal - I'm happy to meet anywhere around there.

caburt
07-06-2007, 05:11 PM
In! Is this one a hard ride or somewhat easy? Should I bring the girls?

Sombeech
07-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm pending..... I may have some family plans that night, but if I can weasel out, I'm in.

accadacca
07-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Yup, this is a pretty easy cruise up to the lake and back. Bring Dre and the others and we'll try to keep the drama to a minimum.
:lol8:

ericchile
07-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Yup, this is a pretty easy cruise up to the lake and back. Bring Dre and the others and we'll try to keep the drama to a minimum.
:lol8:

OK like guys are going to tell girls not to come. :roflol: If we don't get more girls on these Tuesday rides someone is going to get hurt riding over a car.

tallsteve
07-10-2007, 08:13 AM
So, where are we meeting?

accadacca
07-10-2007, 08:15 AM
So, where are we meeting?
We will meet in the Dan's parking lot like KanyonKris mentioned, 5:30. So if you want to carpool, meet their. Or if some peeps want to meet us at the top, thats cool too.

Sombeech
07-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Sorry boyz n girlz. I'm out. I've gotta take a break this week.

KanyonKris
07-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Sorry, but I can't make the ride tonight.

Since I rode the upper Millcreek trails twice already this year, here are some comments:

For those who actually like going uphill, the Great Western Trail up to the Crest is a very nice ride. It's a moderate slope most of the way, has one techie section, good scenery and the view into Park City is nice. Very fun to come down.

Going up, the Big Water trail is the best option - moderate slope, good trail surface, interesting.

But coming down you have the choice of Big or Little Water. Big has very nice flow to it, but Little is more technical (lots of root and rock drops, steeper, etc.). Consider taking Big up and Little down. There seem to be more hikers on Big than Little so that makes Little nicer to go down.

Hard to go wrong no matter what you choose - all the trails up there are good. Have fun!

caburt
07-10-2007, 01:12 PM
I hate to bail, but I bailed down the side of a hill last night and jacked my knee up. Those Spanish Fork hot pots get me everytime! Or the Jack...I'm not sure which one it was :)

shlingdawg
07-10-2007, 01:18 PM
So is anyone still going or is this one a bust?

accadacca
07-10-2007, 03:13 PM
We should still have a half dozen. Fourtycal and I don't ditch, even after boozing the night before. :boozer: :lol8:

fourtycal
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM

It's Tuesday night, i'll be there! at the Dan's parking lot (near Wasatch and the dans entrance) at 5:30 to carpool. Look for my big black Ford truck or meet us at the top. :2thumbs:

fourtycal
07-10-2007, 03:16 PM
We should still have a half dozen. Fourtycal and I don't ditch, even after boozing the night before. :boozer: :lol8:

:haha: The burritos and coke at lunch today won't help either!

caburt
07-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Well I can't blame it all on the booze... my fireman is in town so I have to take advantage of that. Haha! Don't hate me!

accadacca
07-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Well I can't blame it all on the booze... my fireman is in town so I have to take advantage of that. Haha! Don't hate me!
Thats HAWT! :roflol:

trailgeek
07-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Where was everyone? :eek2: I was at the top at 6:00 and no one was there. I asked every group I came up to if they were for the forum, and the best response I got was "does the forum group have beer?" :cool2:

Maybe next time...

accadacca
07-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Where was everyone? :eek2: I was at the top at 6:00 and no one was there. I asked every group I came up to if they were for the forum, and the best response I got was "does the forum group have beer?" :cool2:

Maybe next time...
Sorry, yup we were in the parking lot just after 6. Here is the proof: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7746

Catch us next time and welcome to the group. :2thumbs:

tallsteve
07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
My intentions were good- I took my bike and gear to the office with me. I was changed and ready to head out the door at 4:15 then got a phone call from a potential client that lasted for an hour. If I close that deal it's thousand's of dollars in my pocket so I couldn't cut it short. Oh, well. Next time.

greyhair biker
07-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I was there...the DH bike sucks on the uphill, and the left crankbolt came out...had a little searching to do for it, but the temp up at the lake was abt 70 degrees(parking lot was the same) SO NICE with the valley at 101 ! And the DH part was fun as always...I LIVE for the DH! A ride with the group is always cool...thanks guys! :2thumbs: