PDA

View Full Version : Fish head from Orem

LOAH
07-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Greetings, humans. :toker:

Obviously, I'm new to this forum. I was pretty impressed with the design of the site. :2thumbs:

I'm on the DWR forum as well and mainly stick to the fishing sections. That's right. Love to fish.

I've lived in Utah for 22 years (all Utah County...mostly Orem) and had previously ignored the fishing scene until about 6 years ago. I fished a little as a kid with uncles and my Dad, but it was pretty uneventful. Once I had a friend talk me into going with him, I bought a license and have been fishing pretty often ever since.

I love the outdoors in general and spent way too much (not in my opinion) time in Provo Canyon, Rock Canyon, and the local foothills during my adolescence. I skipped a lot of school to go for hikes and whatnot. I'm not ashamed.

Besides fishing, I'm all about music and the outdoors. I've been known to hike my d'jembe (African tribal drum) into interesting places and taking advantage of the wonderful acoustics nature has to offer us. Rhythm runs in my blood and sets me free in spirit. I also play a variety of other percussive instruments as well as guitar and oboe.

This world of mine actually revolves around the most important things, however...My Family. I have a beautiful 18 month old son and a sweet little wife. You may catch me moaning about my wife's fishing attitude from time to time, but I'll try to keep it positive...She's a little jealous of the time I spend fishing. :haha:

I look forward to posting my future fishing reports here as well as my other forum. Just a warning: I can't always give out the names of places I fish, so please don't get offended if I don't spill my guts, completely.

I like to eat fish, too. I believe that's why MAN started fishing and that's where I feel my connection is to it. I don't keep everything I catch (by any means), but I like to bring home a weekly meal. I know some people are sensitive to that topic, but if I lose my taste for fish, I'll quit fishing.

From what I've seen on this website, this is a good group of people that probably like a lot of the things I do. I look forward to posting a report, soon.

Happy Fishing, Humans.

tanya
07-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Welcome! :2thumbs:

accadacca
07-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Welcome to the group, you'll fit in nicely. Bring any of your other cyber friends over from the DWR forum. :2thumbs:

I was up on the berry last Tuesday and I sure enjoy eating trout too. :cool2:
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7566

Kent K25
07-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Welcome aboard, feel free to share some of your preferred fishing spots for us rookie fishermen in Utah Valley. I get out occasionally and hardly catch a thing!

RugerShooter
07-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the site :2thumbs:

Sombeech
07-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the forum. :afro:

greyhair biker
07-05-2007, 12:28 AM
welcome! :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
07-06-2007, 05:22 PM
what?! you eat fish and haven't died from mercury poisoning yet?!?!! :eek2: WOW!! :roll:

will someone please direct me to one....just ONE person who has died from mercury poisoning from eating locally grown fish?

donny h
07-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Welcome aboard Loah, I browse the DWR site sometimes, BFT too, you prolly know about that site.

By all means, keep a fish and eat it, I do too sometimes.

It amuses me how so many folks in these parts (Utah, not UUtah) are all-or-nothing on keeping fish, to me, never keeping a fish makes as much sense as never throwing anything back, clearly, there is room for sanity in between the two extremes.

Hey Rev, not only do I enjoy mercury trout from all over the state, I've developed a taste for those pcb catfish out of Utah Lake, if I die from eating fish, I'll make sure to let you know.

Loah, ever fish for kitties at Utah Lake?

LOAH
07-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Not really. I wouldn't mind hooking into some this year, but I typically like the setting for trout fishing a little better.

I'll catch anything, though.

dgamble_23
07-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Welcome to the site! :cool2:

LOAH
07-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Love the nuke avatar.

Thanks for the welcome.

live2ride
07-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Welcome to the site! :rockon:

waltny
07-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey LOAH I followed you over from the DWR site. I think you mentioned it or someone else did the last few weeks. If it was you thanks for the hook up, lots of good info.

accadacca
07-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Hey LOAH I followed you over from the DWR site. I think you mentioned it or someone else did the last few weeks. If it was you thanks for the hook up, lots of good info.
Hey fellas, Tell all your other DWR buddies about the dark side. :lol8: Lots of good users on that site, they would fit right in here on uutah.com :2thumbs:

LOAH
07-21-2007, 10:28 PM
I agree. This forum needs more fishermen!!! It's kind of sad that the fishing section is so far down the forum list, though. :ne_nau: