PDA

View Full Version : My little trip to Vernal

Scott Card
07-02-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't know if anyone cares or is bored enough to read this but here goes a fascinating (insert sarcasm here) trip report. I had to go to Vernal in the early a.m. and brought my camera along thinking of all of you sitting in your offices. What I didn't take photos of were the two dead elk (heads cut off) on the side of the road in Daniels Canyon and the two cow moose that the guy in front of me almost hit by Strawberry. I couldn't take photos fast enough cause I was trying to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting the guy in front of me. The elks had been totally removed when I came back home a few hours later. Weird. Sorry about the quality. The photos were mostly taken at about 65 mph and that is the only speed I am admitting to. I will say that driving into Roose-a-felt, the air was thick with smoke to the point I started to wonder if I would smell like a campfire when I arrived at court.

ericchile
07-02-2007, 08:39 PM
This is almost the view from my front window!

TreeHugger
07-03-2007, 06:42 AM
side note:
Ericchile, I gotta tell ya, I find your avatar disturbing. yikes.

Tree.

Udink
07-03-2007, 07:00 AM
side note:
PC Load Letter? What the F does that mean?! :roflol:

TreeHugger
07-03-2007, 08:07 AM
What's a PC Load Letter? Am I missing something? :ne_nau:

Udink
07-03-2007, 08:50 AM
What's a PC Load Letter? Am I missing something? :ne_nau:
Heh...sorry. His avatar is from the movie Office Space. The guy is beating up a printer that they stole from their office because it always gave this "PC Load Letter" error that nobody knew how to fix. :haha:

Anyhoo...thanks for the pictures Scott. I like the shot with the steam rising off the water at Strawberry. :2thumbs:

gonzo
07-03-2007, 09:02 AM
side note:

Tree.

<ThreadJack>
Tree: for your edification, here's the funniest movie scene ever (which explains Ericchile's avatar):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

(Language warning: use headphones if you're at work)

And, here's the second funniest movie scene ever. Which is totally unrelated (again, use headphones):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StJx7wI8Q-I
</ThreadJack>

greyhair biker
07-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Just checking threads to see what I missed while Ive been gone....the smoke, in case you didnt know, was from the fire in the Duchesne area that killed three people. I found out from a Ranger in the Flaming Gorge district as he drove in our camp and told us of the fire restrictions. THe smoke was coming clear over to Manila. :eek2:

ericchile
07-05-2007, 08:03 AM
side note:

Tree.

Sorry... maybe it belongs more on a tech website... its kind of a office tech movie... but pretty popular none the less.

Should I change it to my 1 year old? Like this one?