PDA

View Full Version : So what are you peeps doin' for the 4th??

accadacca
06-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Where the hell is everyone headed and what do you have planned?

Jaxx
06-29-2007, 07:50 AM
staying home and chillin with the fam. Probably some paintball to!

sparker1
06-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Presently on Whidbey Island, Washington, we will be moving soon toward Montana. On the 4th, we expect to be in Hope, Idaho, staying at a campground called "Beyond Hope". Sounds like a fine place. I do hope all of you have a safe and fun 4th.

accadacca
06-29-2007, 09:07 AM
I am headed to a family cabin on the 4th for some chow and fishing. Then the next day we are headed down south for the rest of the week. Probably end up doing some hiking in Zion or somewhere. Hang our hats in St. George. :five:

Udink
06-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Probably heading up into the mountains to cool off and do some geocaching early in the day, then a BBQ with the family, then watching the county fireworks, then doing our own fireworks back home.

Kent K25
06-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Where is the none of the above option?

Iceaxe
06-29-2007, 09:41 AM
None of the above!

I think we'll be out a RMR with the Supermodified's

A Supermodified is probably the most wicked race car on the planet!!!

http://uutah.com/forum/files/race1s.jpg

Rev. Coyote
06-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Hitting the road for Utah TODAY!

rockgremlin
06-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Hmmm...lots on the agenda. Fireworks at the U of U, Lagoon with my oldest boy, all-night Halo2 bender with a bunch of family/friends, hiking Twin Peaks, a kick-ass BBQ at a buddies place, TPing Shane's house, etc, etc, etc......

:rockon:

derstuka
06-29-2007, 10:06 AM
None of the above!

I think we'll be out a RMR with the Supermodified's

A Supermodified is probably the most wicked race car on the planet!!!

http://uutah.com/forum/files/race1s.jpg

You damn left-turners! Sorry, I am a HUGE fan of horsepower, speed, racing, hot chick in bikinis driving lamborgini's (or beatup honda civics), however, oval track racing puts me to sleep. Now if NASCAR used a lemans type track, yeah know, started turning right as well as left, it would be fun to watch. Throw some chicanes in there for Godssake! Mix it up a little! I noticed they did that in Sonoma Raceway a few times with stock cars already. Laguna Seca RULES!!!

Gonna be BBQ'ing it up, mtn biking, and motorcycling locally probably, as I don't drive too far on Holidays...too much traffic.

BTW, that is a sweet car pictured! NHRA drag racing, now you are talking!!!

savanna3313
06-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't get to leave. The travelers are coming here for the week. :roll: However, on the 4rth, we will head up to wherever my sis and her husband have parked their new 5th wheel for the week and have a bbq.

If my house has been t'pd while I am gone, I know who to come looking for....... :nono: Just make sure to use the bio-degradable stuff. :haha:

LJ
06-29-2007, 02:12 PM
For the tenth year straight I'll be doing the Springdale parade - I'm the one in the pink bridesmaid dress who by the end of the parade is soaking wet - dinner at the Bit and then off to watch the fireworks set the hill on fire! Good times. I love the fourth! :2thumbs:

Alex
06-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Heading up to Oregon (Canon Beach) where it's 75 for the high now, woot!

gonzo
06-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Hanging out in my backyard, playing some croquet, killing a beer or two, and watching the Sugar House Park fireworks. (My backyard has a killer view of the show).

If yer bored and want come over drop me a PM.

Iceaxe
06-29-2007, 02:52 PM
You damn left-turners!

Mesh the gas and when you see God turn left :haha:

My daughter Stormy in a Super... 800hp and 1200#.... and most dad's with daughters are worried about boys...

http://uutah.com/forum/files/race2s.jpg

Scott Card
06-29-2007, 04:38 PM
What every good Utah Valley feller does. Parade in the morning, Stadium of Fire in the evening. Run from relatives in between.

greyhair biker
06-29-2007, 09:30 PM
camping all these days' off ....again...coming home the 4th and laying out on the front lawn to watch the fireworks over the poo ponds. :roflol:

fouristhenewone
06-29-2007, 09:36 PM
summit and i were thinking about taking over park city's 3rd of july celebration with a bag of illegal firecrackers from evanston and a keg of jaeger. who's in?

stefan
06-30-2007, 03:39 PM
hanging wit some good friends, sippin' beverages, eatin' tasty food and watching the second best fireworks show in the good ol' ewe ess ov a

TreeHugger
07-03-2007, 06:54 AM
We're goin' up to Brighton for pancake breakfast, and watch the parade, then ride the Crest Trail. Nothing at night except guard our house from the fires the neighbors will be starting with their stupid fireworks.... grrrr.
Actually, not really, well, not exactly... haha.

No travels, no fireworks... bbq in the backyard with a big bottle of wine and a few friends.
It's a fun 3 days, the 3rd is my husband's birthday - the big 4-0, and the 5th is our anniversay... 4 blissful years! Actually, I'm leaving him behind on the 5th to go on a trip! I guess it'll have to be anniversary breakfast over a bowl of cheerios! heehee. What an awesome guy to put up with me!!

So, hey, anyone else think that fireworks, personal or professional, should be banned this year because of the fire hazard??

I do.

Alex
07-03-2007, 07:02 AM
I never cared for fireworks in the first place, especially the private/home ones. So I am with you on that one T.

Why are you leaving your husband? After 4 glorious years and right after your anniversary! Shame on you! You know divorces aren't cheap. :popcorn:

live2ride
07-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Man plans are to hit the trails biking by 6:30, be on the waverunners by 10:00 then get my grub on in the later evening and see what neighbor decides to call the cops on my firwork extravaganza this year :roflol:

accadacca
07-03-2007, 01:24 PM
The fireworks have already started in my neighborhood. I am going to have to get a few to compete. :lol8:

I'll be heading to St. George on Thursday morning and man is it going to be HOT! Apparently we could feel record HEAT. :scared: Of course I'll mix in a good Vegas buffet. :cool2:

JP
07-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Working :frustrated:

Mtnman1830
07-03-2007, 07:28 PM
There is a few of us that are going to hike to Thurston peak.

Maybe hit some town celebrations

Then after Idrop my boy off to his mom, beer for me!

the voice
07-04-2007, 11:40 AM
None of the above. Changed plans at the last minute. I offered to babysit a good friends dog while he takes his family hiking in the Wind Rivers for a week. We discovered yesterday that all our dogs get a long, but all are incredibly spoiled. Guess while we were gone yesterday our new house guest howled all day long and loud enough that all the neighbors were freaking out and a couple almost called the humane society. So since I made the offer I am babysitting today while I work on our newsletter and Happy 4th email blast. But tonight, the kids (dogs) are on their own and hope the fireworks don't freak them out to bad. I got some free tickets to the utah symphony at Deer Valley for tonight so that is what we are doing for the 4th. Hope every one has an awesome fourth and remember it about way more than fireworks. It is about our American way of life and the price that was paid for it. :rockon:

Shan
07-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Sitting here a *#%^@%) work. :fitz:

Since I have been going to school, I find it hard to get in a full 40 hours of work each week. So I'm making up some hours today, rather than on my precious weekends.

Shan
07-04-2007, 11:47 AM
our new house guest howled all day long and loud enough that all the neighbors were freaking out and a couple almost called the humane society

Poor guy! Hope he does better today. Is it the fireworks? PS I don't think the Humane Society can do anything if someone did call, they aren't the law.

the voice
07-04-2007, 12:28 PM
our new house guest howled all day long and loud enough that all the neighbors were freaking out and a couple almost called the humane society

Poor guy! Hope he does better today. Is it the fireworks? PS I don't think the Humane Society can do anything if someone did call, they aren't the law.

I think it is just that she is spoiled, just like ours. With one big difference, ours are used to being home alone and Penny ( the guest ) I don't think is used to being left alone all day. J's wife doesn't work so she is home more and also they have 2 girls and one boy, so penny is used to having a lot of attention. Have a great day and don't work to late. :2thumbs:

Wasatch Rebel
07-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Well, I stopped carving my intials in trees years ago when I was a kid, but my dad (who most of you know recently died) had this quakie at one of our old hunting camps with our last name and then every year that we had been there, which began in the mid-80s and went until '96. I found that tree and carved dad's name, rip, and his date of death. Then my wife and I sat around there and reminisced for awhile and finally got up to go. That was when my wife said "Goodbye Jack", and when she said that, I lost it. That was when I cried like a little baby. Now that place is like a sacred shrine to me.
After that, we drove across the Manti range over to Ferron Canyon and found Woodtick point. Along the way we watched part of the controlled burn in that canyon, and watched a helicopter swoop in with a bucket from a lake that we were next to to get water.
My wife wanted to go to a rodeo, so we headed to Mt. Pleasant where there was one nearby. As we were leaving, I noticed a gap in between cars that appeared to be the only way out and headed for it. It was a gap for a reason. I found this out when truck came to an abrupt halt with the left front wheel spinning over five feet of open space, and a creek running below. I was high centered on something and couldn't back up. A guy hooked up a chain and pulled me loose.

All in all, it was an interesting 4th of July.

Shan
07-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Well, I stopped carving my initials in trees years ago when I was a kid, but my dad (who most of you know recently died) had this quakie at one of our old hunting camps with our last name and then every year that we had been there, which began in the mid-80s and went until '96. I found that tree and carved dad's name, rip, and his date of death. Then my wife and I sat around there and reminisced for awhile and finally got up to go. That was when my wife said "Goodbye Jack", and when she said that, I lost it. That was when I cried like a little baby. Now that place is like a sacred shrine to me.

That is nice you have a special memory place to visit when you want. I bet it's a beautiful place.

accadacca
07-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Check out the temp and take a wild guess where I am. :scared:

. . .and its still 100 right now: 10:48

the voice
07-05-2007, 09:57 PM
St George. :2thumbs:
Stay Cool :rockon:

accadacca
07-06-2007, 07:47 AM
St George. :2thumbs:
Stay Cool :rockon:
BINGO! :haha:

I went running this morning and it was already in the 90's at 6 AM. Bloody hell that takes it out of ya. :slobber:

accadacca
07-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Awwww yahhhh. . .

tanya
07-07-2007, 06:00 PM
It's got to be miserably hot in St. George and Mesquite!!!! :eek2:

sparker1
07-07-2007, 08:25 PM
When we arrived in Great Falls, MT yesterday, it was 104 degrees. Only about 90 today. Going to Glacier tomorrow in hopes of cooling off. I could have stayed in FL if I wanted to be hot.

accadacca
07-08-2007, 06:51 PM
It's got to be miserably hot in St. George and Mesquite!!!! :eek2:
Yup, we went swimming everyday. That last picture was in Vegas. We just got home a few hours ago and barely missed the fires. It looked the worst in the Cove Fort area. We saw big flames on the side of the road, firefighters applying water, planes and helicopters doing the same. Last night we thought that we were going to have to either stay another night, or take a MAJOR detour. I am sure that the traffic through the detour was nutz. This morning at about 8:30 they said the freeway was reopened. We locked in at 85 around high noon and buzzed back north. When we were passing through Nephi we heard that they had closed the freeway again and we were glad that we made it. :eek2:

asdf
07-08-2007, 07:01 PM
When we arrived in Great Falls, MT yesterday, it was 104 degrees. Only about 90 today. Going to Glacier tomorrow in hopes of cooling off. I could have stayed in FL if I wanted to be hot.

I heard it was 107 in Missoula this week :flamer: Enjoy GNP, I hope it stays cool for you.