PDA

View Full Version : Orderville Graffiti and Item Found

AJ
06-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Made a trip through Orderville this past weekend, and was unpleasantly surprised to find that some idiot scratched in a bunch of graffiti in the upper section. Looks like it was scratched in using a hiking pole, or possibly a sharp rock. There was a heart drawn with Kris and Kate in it. (Maybe Chris and Kate; don't remember the spelling for Kris?) There were also several 50 foot long arrows pointing which way they went - as if someone would not know to go down canyon. Really upsetting to see this. Is this new? Does someone know who these nimrods are? There was another arrow that was labeled, Kris Kate and Dad (again, pointing downcanyon; duh.) Would love to find out who they are and have the park fine the pants off of them...

Also came across an item in Orderville, and packed it out. If you were recently through, and lost it; tell me what it is and I'll get it back to you.

Take care,
A.J.

rockgremlin
06-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Have the park fine them?!

I would have more extreme and exotic methods of punishment for crap like that!!! I hate that!! :frustrated:

fouristhenewone
06-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Also came across an item in Orderville, and packed it out. If you were recently through, and lost it; tell me what it is and I'll get it back to you.

Take care,
A.J.

was it pants? cause I've lost my pants and they could be just about anywhere by now.

AJ
06-25-2007, 09:29 PM
I can think of lots of other things to do to them too; but I was trying to be reserved. ;)

Sorry four, wasn't pants. Hope you find them.

oldno7
06-25-2007, 11:00 PM
couldn't have been my bone handled 3 blade uncle henry knife??

lost somewhere in the orderville/birch scheme of things.

Jaxx
06-26-2007, 08:22 AM
I wonder if the park could look up the name off the permits mabey. If it was in Chris or Kates name I would think they could. I assume you already told the Rangers though. That is a bummer when people do that kind of stuff. Hikers should be banned from the canyon, they are just too unruley :haha: