PDA

View Full Version : Corrections Officer Shot and Killed, Suspect Arrested

Sombeech
06-25-2007, 11:37 AM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1393844#

A Utah Department of Corrections guard was shot and killed this morning at an orthopedic center at the University of Utah.

Police say 27-year-old Curtis Michael Allgier, a prisoner with multiple tattoos who was supposed to receive medical treatment at the center, stole Stephen Anderson's gun and then shot and killed him. The shooting occurred in a medical examiner's room. Anderson was a 60-year-old corrections department employee from Bluffdale.

http://media.bonnint.net/slc/153/15351/1535111.jpg

After the shooting, Allgier fled the scene on foot, carjacked a Ford Explorer and was captured miles away at an Arby's restaurant after a high-speed chase.

Allgier, who has a swastika and "skin head" tattooed on his forehead, was inside an examination room at the campus orthopaedic center around 7:45 a.m. MDT, university Police Chief Scott Folsom said. "There was some sort of altercation. The inmate got hold of the weapon and shot the officer" in the head, he said. "The suspect exited the building but did not injure any other staff. Everybody else is just fine," Folsom said.

http://media.bonnint.net/slc/153/15350/1535084.jpg

http://media.bonnint.net/slc/153/15350/1535086.jpg

http://media.bonnint.net/slc/153/15351/1535104.jpg

rockgremlin
06-25-2007, 11:57 AM
He looks like he fell asleep while drunk, and his friends PWNED him with a magic marker. :lol8:

Sombeech
06-25-2007, 11:58 AM
He looks like he fell asleep while drunk, and his friends PWNED him with a magic marker. :lol8:

The correction officer wrote on his face, that's why he was so mad at him.

Kent K25
06-25-2007, 12:05 PM
What a waste of space...I remember seeing that guy on the news a while ago when they were looking for him. Hard to forget a face like that. They had said on the news he would be easy to find due to all his tattoos, then they showed his picture and it was like, wow, no joke he's easy to identify.

Terrible tragedy.

shlingdawg
06-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Oxygen is being senselessly wasted by this douchebag.

CarpeyBiggs
06-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Here comes the storm....

Sure looks like another case of more guns = more trouble, no guns = no trouble.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Alex
06-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Gun Control!!!!!! Free Tibet!!!!! Nuke North Korea!

shlingdawg
06-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Fixed it for you.

Here comes the storm....

Sure looks like another case of more asshats= more trouble, no asshats= no trouble.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

jumar
06-25-2007, 02:10 PM

He took the gun from the officer

At some point during treatment, he was able to grab the officer's gun and shot and killed him.
Are you saying officers shouldn't carry guns either?

Oh and trouble (ie violence) existed long before guns.
knives, rocks, hands etc = trouble??
no knives, rocks, hands etc = no trouble??

Alex
06-25-2007, 02:13 PM

Speaking like a true hippie :hippy: You forgot Make Love not War! :lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
06-25-2007, 02:36 PM

He took the gun from the officer

At some point during treatment, he was able to grab the officer's gun and shot and killed him.
Are you saying officers shouldn't carry guns either?

Oh and trouble (ie violence) existed long before guns.
knives, rocks, hands etc = trouble??

My only point is this. Most of the arguments I've seen on this site about gun control say that having more trained people with guns (i.e. teachers at Virginia Tech) would prevent crazy people from doing crazy things. Apparently the logic is that the teachers could easily shoot the suspect and render the situation resolved? :ne_nau:

This shooting seems like a perfect example of how guns can be turned and used in exactly the opposite means they were designed for. And what's more, this is a trained corrections officer. Can you imagine untrained people carrying guns to protect themselves from others using guns?

I'm by no means passionate for or against gun control. I have really no stake in the matter, nor does it really worry me. I just find the logic that some use in this debate to be bassackwards, and this shooting today confirms to me why having everyone pack a gun is a bad idea.

Anxiously awaiting the flames.....
:popcorn:

EDIT: As a postscript... I'm in no way saying law enforcement personnel should stop carrying guns. Simply using today's example to illustrate how people MIGHT behave if there were more guns around.

jumar
06-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Anxiously awaiting the flames.....

Hey cool, we actually have an emoticon for that
:flamer:
:2thumbs:

jumar
06-25-2007, 02:51 PM
This shooting seems like a perfect example of how guns can be turned and used in exactly the opposite means they were designed for.

It happens sometimes, but not very often. Most of the time when a CCP brandishes a firearm, the bad guy runs away. One of the advantages a CCP holder has is the firearm is concealed; the bad guy doesn't know you have it until it's drawn.

Alex
06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
This shooting seems like a perfect example of how guns can be turned and used in exactly the opposite means they were designed for.

It happens sometimes, but not very often. Most of the time when a CCP brandishes a firearm, the bad guy runs away. One of the advantages a CCP holder has is the firearm is concealed; the bad guy doesn't know you have it until it's drawn.

I am just curious when a CCP holder brandished his gun and the bad guy ran off? The only CCP holders I know who brandish their guns are the hardcore farmers out in the boonies protecting their No Passing signs.... :popcorn:

shlingdawg
06-25-2007, 02:59 PM
:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
DIE HORSE! DIE!!!!

CarpeyBiggs
06-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh, c'mon shling. If you don't want to play, don't play. No sense mucking up our thread...

shlingdawg
06-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh, c'mon shling. If you don't want to play, don't play. No sense mucking up our thread...

Same shit......different day. I'm all about shooting the breeze and having some good, ole fashioned discussion, but can't we find a new topic to abuse?

The whole topic isn't even about gun control in my opinion, it's about a piece of white trash who should have a drano coctail. It's about having intent to do something and THEN finding a way to achieve it.

If you want me to remove my dead horse post, I will. :deadhorse:

jumar
06-25-2007, 03:19 PM
I am just curious when a CCP holder brandished his gun and the bad guy ran off? The only CCP holders I know who brandish their guns are the hardcore farmers out in the boonies protecting their No Passing signs....

It happens quite frequently, where they either run off or are shot by the CCP holder. Had a similar request for stories when guns were used for defense by law abiding citizens. I haven't kept it up to date, but almost daily you can find stories that show that sort of thing. It started here
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=62967 and then started a new thread here:
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6934

According to Gary Kleck, Criminologist, Florida State Univ, every day, 550 rapes, 1,100 murders, and 5,200 other violent crimes per day are Prevented just by showing a handgun. In less than 0.9% of the time is the gun ever actually ever fired.

CarpeyBiggs
06-25-2007, 03:22 PM
If you want me to remove my dead horse post, I will.

No worries man... I just find it curious when people act like they don't want to participate in the discussion, yet they still make a obnoxious post just to show everyone how bad they don't want to take part in the discussion.

Slow day at work today for me. Just trying to drum up some conversation. Maybe I should move down to the "What Happened" thread. But then again, that's just another horse with no pulse, right?

jumar
06-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Slow day at work today for me. Just trying to drum up some conversation.
Yeah same here. But it's quitting time for the day! Have to see if I'm as bored tomorrow.

shlingdawg
06-25-2007, 03:31 PM
No worries man... I just find it curious when people act like they don't want to participate in the discussion, yet they still make a obnoxious post just to show everyone how bad they don't want to take part in the discussion.

Slow day at work today for me. Just trying to drum up some conversation. Maybe I should move down to the "What Happened" thread. But then again, that's just another horse with no pulse, right?

It was my way of participating. :ne_nau: And it appears my message was delivered. :2thumbs:

That "What Happened" thread is a classic though. :nod:

Iceaxe
06-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Dumbass cops took a prisoner!

What happened to their usual line of "I thought he had a gun?" :ne_nau:

rooster32
06-25-2007, 08:16 PM
+1...now we have to foot the bill to keep this scum bag locked up with 3 meals a day and activities so he doesn't get bored.

Bang...problem solved.

jumar
06-26-2007, 06:38 AM
+1...now we have to foot the bill to keep this scum bag locked up with 3 meals a day and activities so he doesn't get bored.
I heard on 101.9's stupid news about a prison (don't remember where) where the food was so good, inmates are intentionally passing up their parole opportunities. They'd rather stay in jail. :roflol:

Rev. Coyote
06-26-2007, 07:44 AM
A different angle: Corrections Dept. people are usually those who didn't have the qualifications to become real police officers, and might not be as attuned to their weapon. That make any sense?

shlingdawg
06-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Props to the Vietnam Vet. Little dude performed!!!

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_176100921.html#Scene_1

jumar
06-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Props to the Vietnam Vet. Little dude performed!!!

Yeah! :2thumbs:

Rev. Coyote
06-26-2007, 08:00 AM
That Nam vet is a hero.

TreeHugger
06-26-2007, 10:01 AM
I wish there was video of the vet taking the scumbag down. Very impressive, and so totally brave, I would like to see how he did it, this Allgiers is a big dude!

Can you believe the part of the story of the lady and her kids who were at Trolley Square as well? What are the odds of something like this happening twice in one's life time - she must be freakin'.

My husband works at the Ortho center where this happened, his partner was walking into work toward the door that this guy came out of, he ran right by him, looked him in the eyes! He said, "I thought something had to be very wrong when a huge tattooed buy in an orange jumpsuit runs by me brandishing a gun!" Thank god, he wasnt on a shooting spree, he would have been killed as well.

gonzo
06-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Could Michelle King look a little less happy in her report? It's a murder, not a story about homeless kitties getting adopted.

price1869
06-26-2007, 03:01 PM
So the gun malfunctioned in the Arby's, right? Anyone know what kind of sidearm it was?

Obviously it was not a glock, or God was doing some major meddling in the affairs of men.

RugerShooter
06-26-2007, 09:27 PM
If you look he has one hell of a target right above his nose this is where I would aim my bullet at this scumbag If I had the chance.http://media.bonnint.net/slc/153/15350/1535084.jpg

jumar
06-27-2007, 11:29 AM
I am just curious when a CCP holder brandished his gun and the bad guy ran off?
Another one happened this week in Provo. I'll have to find the story. Sounds like some provo guys pulled their guns on someone breaking into their car, and the bad guys took off. :haha:

nefarious
06-28-2007, 03:01 AM
So the gun malfunctioned in the Arby's, right? Anyone know what kind of sidearm it was?

Obviously it was not a glock, or God was doing some major meddling in the affairs of men.So God was all about jamming the gun...but only after Stephen was shot in the head? Musta' been Stephen's time, I guess. Glory!