PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Montana - June 2007

shlingdawg
06-24-2007, 06:30 PM
We were a week late. And we paid for it.

Every year for a very long time, we've been going to Montana to flyfish. We have always hit the opener on Hidden Lake, which is June 15 but due to several circumstances this year, we went a week later.

Elk Lake was fruitless. We usually pick up nice Westslope Cutt's on Elk and it's nice because we camp right on the lake. Hidden is 5 miles up the road and usually produces nice Rainbow's in moderate quantities. Not so this year.

We fished Hidden two days. 10 fish on day 1, 5 on day 2. It was still nice to get away, chill on the lake with my dad and unplug from the daily grind.

Here's hoping the fishing is better in September. :friday:

Some pics....

Sombeech
06-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Dang, too bad. Still looks like it's a cool place to go though.

dgamble_23
06-25-2007, 09:58 AM
It looks like a really cool place to go. I love fishing those back country lakes.

packfish
06-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Got back Sunday night from Floating the Clark Fork 60 miles west of Missoula ( and I missed the sign that said free taste testing room for Moose Drool) . Floated a different run every day for 5 days. The fishing wasn't left and right but a few fish an hour with and avg size of 18" up to 23". Gorgeous land , great wildlife and very good people.

shlingdawg
06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Got back Sunday night from Floating the Clark Fork 60 miles west of Missoula ( and I missed the sign that said free taste testing room for Moose Drool) . Floated a different run every day for 5 days. The fishing wasn't left and right but a few fish an hour with and avg size of 18" up to 23". Gorgeous land , great wildlife and very good people.

I love the Moose Drool. If you're going to boil brats in beer, it HAS to be Moose Drool. Be sure to have a few extra for when the brats are boiling.

We ran up to Cliff and Wade Lakes to check them out on Saturday. That's somewhere that I need to return. I hear the state records for browns came out of one, and rainbows came out of the other. :2thumbs:

packfish
06-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Wade can be tough fishing or it can 1/2 decent. Cliff can be decnt at times also. There is a great rope swing on the ? - well when you get there and look over the lake it's on the left shore.

shlingdawg
06-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Wade can be tough fishing or it can 1/2 decent. Cliff can be decnt at times also. There is a great rope swing on the ? - well when you get there and look over the lake it's on the left shore.

Ah yes, the rope swing(s). There are now two of them on the east shore of Cliff Lake. There is a trail to get to them from the boat launch. I didn't partake in the swinging activities as I had my 1 year old daughter in hand. It looked like fun though.