PDA

View Full Version : Twin Peaks

vamedtech
06-24-2007, 01:35 AM
I think I'm going to attempt to summit Broads Fork Twin Peaks some time real soon. Has anyone attempted this from Lisa Falls in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Is anyone interested in joining me? The Lisa Falls route looks much shorter then the Broads Fork route. Am I right?

Brian in SLC
06-25-2007, 09:24 AM
I think I'm going to attempt to summit Broads Fork Twin Peaks some time real soon. Has anyone attempted this from Lisa Falls in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Is anyone interested in joining me? The Lisa Falls route looks much shorter then the Broads Fork route. Am I right?

Shorter might not mean easier or faster?

I'd think the Broad's Fork trail would be the way to go, myself.

Had an old climbing buddy who ended up in ANAM (accidents in north american mountaineering) coming down the Lisa Falls way from Twin, I seem to recall. Rough terrain (to put it mildly).

Tanners Gulch is pretty fast in good snow conditions...gob of vertical, to be sure. I think (haven't done to Twin, done Tanners a number of times), that its semi techy to gain the summit of Twin from Tanners.

One variation that looks good to me is to go up Broads then cut up what the backcountry skiers refer to as "Bonkers". Done that a couple time (not to summit, though, for weather and "other" reasons, ie, droppin' a rock on the partner). If you don't mind steep, exposed low fifth class rock, its pretty cool.

-Brian in SLC

carolednalena
07-01-2007, 06:16 AM
Up Lisa Falls to Twin Peaks is fun, If you like that sort of thing. It is cool to scramble through the granite into tho the quartzite. Up Bonkers and then along the ridge to the Twins works too. And then down to the east to the saddle to the trail in Broads. Carol

epek
07-02-2007, 10:56 AM
I just did this hike yesterday, got both peaks, came down under Dromedary, and went over the ridge into Mill B South, and over to the three lakes, onto the Lake Blanche trail, and out to the bottom. Broads is the way to go, Lisa Falls, is do 'able', but very steep.