PDA

View Full Version : Proper Tire Inflation

RqtballPro
06-23-2007, 12:45 PM
I am new to Mountain Biking and I would like to know the recommended tire inflation that most people use. I have Maxxis Larsen TT tires on my bike with a recommended 35-65 psi. Most of my riding will be cross country type riding along trails and such. Thanks for you time, Ron.

tanya
06-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Welcome! :2thumbs:

I love racqetball! I use to teach some of the racqetball classes at UNLV when I worked on my MS there, but never got to any kind of pro status. Great sport!

tallsteve
06-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Ah, Hill AFB. Near to my childhood stomping ground of Kaysville. Man, I miss the sound of the fighter jets overhead! Depends on what, where and how you are riding. I would start with a good all around pressure of 40psi for the Wasatch front stuff and see how that works for you. If it's a loose, small rocky Wasatch front trail then try 35. For slickrock riding I usually go with around 30-35psi. If I know its a fast hardpacked dirt trail, or if I'm racing, I'll pump them up to around 50-55. My 2 cents.

RqtballPro
06-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Welcome! :2thumbs:

I love racqetball! I use to teach some of the racqetball classes at UNLV when I worked on my MS there, but never got to any kind of pro status. Great sport!

Rball is awesome...I am not Pro but I tend to think I am at times...LOL I do have 20 yrs of playing under my belt though.

RqtballPro
06-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Ah, Hill AFB. Near to my childhood stomping ground of Kaysville. Man, I miss the sound of the fighter jets overhead! Depends on what, where and how you are riding. I would start with a good all around pressure of 40psi for the Wasatch front stuff and see how that works for you. If it's a loose, small rocky Wasatch front trail then try 35. For slickrock riding I usually go with around 30-35psi. If I know its a fast hardpacked dirt trail, or if I'm racing, I'll pump them up to around 50-55. My 2 cents.

Thanks for your 2 cents, everythings helps at this point. I just got my new bike and can't wait to hit the trails.

Sombeech
06-23-2007, 09:07 PM
I usually just look at what everybody else is doing with their tires. :lol8:

Welcome to the forum! I'm in Clinton.