PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Deer Creek Reservoir?

Kent K25
06-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Just renewed my license and hope to head up to Deer Creek in the next few days. Any recommendations for what to use for shore fishing at Deer Creek Reservoir?

Kent K25
06-21-2007, 08:48 AM
C'mon, where are all the fishing pros!?!

Jaxx
06-21-2007, 09:35 AM
DISCLAIMER: I am very far from being a pro.
I assume that you are not flyfishing.
don't go. :roflol: I haven't had very good luck from the shore at Deer Creek. Worms, Worms with a salmon egg. You could also try a fly. I have only had success in the mornings.
You could go on the Provo and us spinners in the river, some success with that. There are alot of places to access the river near Vivian park and up toward the tunnel, also all along the highway.

If you like catfishing then you could go to the Shore of Utah Lake. We use a piece of shrimp and worm. Some people dont like catfish but I have no problem with them.

Kent K25
06-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Lol, I figured "Don't go" would be the first advice. I just want to go somewhere nearby so Maybe I'll hit the river instead. We'll see. Thanks, oh and I'm sure you're more experienced than I am.

Jaxx
06-21-2007, 09:51 AM
the fun thing about Deer Creek is that when you get bored of fishing you can go swimming, bring some blow up stuff. That is what we always end up doing.

Scott Card
06-22-2007, 04:01 PM
I used to fish Deer Creek all the time and had good luck where Provo river goes into the lake. I fished on the east of the bridge. Then a few years ago, I had a portly, hairy, scary secretary who decided to skinny dip in the lake. All the fish are now dead. Go somewhere else.

ericchile
06-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I live in Midway was just there yesterday, but not fishing. Usually when the lake is high the fishing is good at the bridge. But its low now. Grab a cannoe and where the river hits the lake where all the fish feed and you should get some.

But right now the fishing is better on the river or up at Jordanelle from what I hear.

Kent K25
06-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah I need to give the river a shot

What have you had success with there?