PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report professor creek, waterpark canyon in Moab funfun

hesse15
06-18-2007, 08:22 PM
With Deserthiker we decide to do some climbing in Moab and on the side some canyons. Because of temperatures we were looking for a refreshing water canyon.

Desert got some good lead from random websites, and looking for place with permanent spring we get to our destination:professor creek!!!

full info for the canyon are : OutdoorZen.org (http://www.outdoorzen.org/)

we parked the car and follow the hiker trail that enter into the canyon, pretty soon the wall steepen up and grow higher and higher.
the walk was very pleasant , shaded and cool and pretty green.

we walked awhile until we heard a strong water roaring sound, we got to a 7 meter water fall that look super fun
we checked the water flow and was pretty good, but nothing dangerous also due to the length of it.

we backtracked a bit to get to a scramble exit on the right side.
after 40 minutes on the ridge we got back down on the creek bed,and the real fun begin, the creek get squeezed trough boulder creating waterslides and short waterfall, with temperature outside of 85F was verypleasant the cold melted water from the mountains.

we played in some fun slides until we arrived to the real deal :the waterfall!!!
lukily we got plenty of webbing ad rope, we sling a boulder in a way that the pull of the rope will be clean and neat
desert went first so he can take pictures, i went second.
the rap is fun!
you get suck in in the overhand rock , so i was upside down insade of a small cave underneath and was cool, so i straighten up and i got hammered by the water, helmet really help
was super fun but at the same time safe
we pack the rope and hike back to the car
here some pictures :2thumbs:

oldno7
06-19-2007, 06:05 AM
nice looking canyon--thanks for sharing. :2thumbs:

Kent K25
06-19-2007, 06:27 AM
Nice looking snake shot there. Looks like a kingsnake?

Scott P
06-19-2007, 07:22 AM

hesse15
06-19-2007, 12:43 PM
no look more like this one the stripes were in the sense of the body
BLACK-NECKED GARTERSNAK
http://dwrcdc.nr.utah.gov/rsgis2/Search/Display.asp?FlNm=thamcyrt
E

i was playin with desert camera and the macro setting, i think look cool :2thumbs:

Nice looking snake shot there. Looks like a kingsnake?