PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on the S&W SW40VE

Gutpiler_Utahn
06-18-2007, 01:05 PM
So, I'm in the gun store putting a payment on a rifle I have on layaway and while waiting to be helped, catch sight of a S&W SW40VE used for $180 with 3 clips. So, I check it out and find everything to be in good shape. So, I put it on layaway too... I don't much care for the super heavy trigger, but wanted to see if anybody had any experience with this handgun. I been thinking about getting the barrel ported, but won't know until I get the gun out on the range.

So, let's hear it. What are your experiences with this shooter. I know how the trigger works so I know it'll never be under 8lbs of pull and I'm okay with that for $180. :roll:

fourtycal
06-18-2007, 09:17 PM
A friend of mine has one, I have shot a couple of hundred rounds with it.
Ergonomics were great, the recoil is not bad at all and it has cycled several thousand reloads with no trouble but the trigger was horrid and the accuracy of the gun was poor.

For the money :ne_nau: it does go bang and fling lead.

fourtycal
06-20-2007, 05:29 PM
So, I'm in the gun store putting a payment on a rifle I have on layaway

What rifle you getting?

Gutpiler_Utahn
06-23-2007, 06:30 AM
It's a CZ 500 American in 6.5 Swede. I was just looking for a Stevens 200 in .223 when the guy behind the counter showed me the Swede. After doing the math, I found that the CZ was only $100 more than the Stevens after a trigger job and I loved the CZ trigger. So, I'll have it a couple months before seasons open up. Can't wait... :2thumbs: