PDA

View Full Version : Desert Raid

Gringodiablo
06-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Hey! To all the GRAVITY fighters. I'm a Tri-state local with a small crew that love to raid the Grand Canyon and Zion. We like long strenuous trails, in and out in one or two days(Prefer one). I'm also interested in a canyoneering course any suggestions?

Alex
06-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Hiya and welcome to our unique place in the internets!

rockgremlin
06-16-2007, 05:36 PM
For canyoneering courses, check in the canyoneering section uder canyoneering links. There is a list of several canyoneering outfitters there. Or just go with someone else here on the forum. :2thumbs:

Alex
06-16-2007, 05:40 PM
You have to bribe the canyoneers pro with goodies though, for some it's jerky, some redbull, some like apricot beer ... it's all about knowing what the person's weakest spot is :roflol:

accadacca
06-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the canyoneering mecca known as uutah.com! :nod: :2thumbs:

stefan
06-17-2007, 09:39 AM
welcome to the forum

For canyoneering courses, check in the canyoneering section uder canyoneering links. There is a list of several canyoneering outfitters there.

there is a canyoneering sticky thread at the top of the list. many canyoneering outfitters offer both courses as well as guided trips.

also i just added a section on canyoneering gear which might be helpful.

Sombeech
06-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the forum, you'll find a ton of canyon stuff here.

tanya
06-17-2007, 08:55 PM
What hikes did you do in Zion and Grand Canyon?

Welcome :nod:

Gringodiablo
06-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Bright Angel down, and South Kaibab up and out in the Grand Canyon
Wildcat Canyon to The West Rim Trail to lodge, back out in reverse next day.
Don't seem like much, but after a two year bout with the big "C" mass radiation and a 70lb. weight loss in 10 weeks I thought I would get back to trail humping for thearapy. X-infantry it was a blessing to get back on the boots and complete the trails. So looking forward to more trails and slots. Thanks for the welcoming!