PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals

asdf
06-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Did any one watch that crap last night? I know the cavs had plenty of chances to get into the game but that last no call was a joke.

This is the best clip I could find of the final foul er ..i mean play.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-070613

rockgremlin
06-13-2007, 08:12 AM
The NBA is corrupt. Anyone who says different is either a liar or extremely naive.

Just give the stupid Spurs another ring, and put the Cavs and the rest of us out of our misery.

Iceaxe
06-13-2007, 09:28 AM
You guys are so full of shit..... I admit the ref's in the NBA (and basketball as a sport) are poor. I also believe this is just a product of the game. And the Superstars do get favored treatment. And if it were really crooked the series would go 7 games. A 7th game is much better for the sport.

In addition......

I believe the NBA would prefer the Cav's to win so they can have their new superstar marketing big money tool in James.... the NBA is just dying to create and promote the next MJ/Magic/Bird. Duncan is a no sale because he has the personality of a wet towel.

Have you guys been watching the finals? The Spurs are without doubt the better team. A Jazz/Cav's series would have been a much better show...

:popcorn:

rockgremlin
06-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Good points Ice. I just wish the NBA would follow the NFL's example and institute a replay review. I hate it when games are won or lost on some ref's shitty call or no call.

Iceaxe
06-13-2007, 11:25 AM
I hate it when games are won or lost on some ref's shitty call or no call.

I have to agree.... fouls and ref's are the NBA's weakness, but I don't really see a good solution..... my major bitch is the ref's call the game different during the playoffs than in the regular season and superstars get favored treatment. The game should always be called the same and that is correctable.

asdf
06-13-2007, 12:17 PM
I have to agree.... fouls and ref's are the NBA's weakness, but I don't really see a good solution..... my major bitch is the ref's call the game different during the playoffs than in the regular season and superstars get favored treatment. The game should always be called the same and that is correctable.

They do call the games differently and they do favor superstars. Its just annoying. I don't have a solution but instant replay like in football would be nice.

HEADHUNTER
06-13-2007, 02:15 PM
replay would be good - but in this case there was no call, so there wouldn't be a replay. Unless they had a ref in the booth that could be responsible for making the call.

Cavs didn't lose the game on that no-call - they lost because they can't score in the clutch.

asdf
06-13-2007, 02:37 PM
they lost because they can't score in the clutch.

No joke, they failed to score 8 times in a row with under 5min to go.

Iceaxe
06-19-2007, 07:24 AM
SWEEP!!!

LeBroom James

:roflol:

Kent K25
06-19-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm a HUUUUUGE NBA fan, and for the first time in my life I didn't watch a single minute of the finals. No interest whatsoever...