PDA

View Full Version : Holladay Summerfest

tmartenst
06-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Come over to the Holladay Summerfest Saturday June 9 (tomorrow) and see me shine (or bomb) at my first art fair! Most of my stuff is from Utah (Wasatch, Desert, etc.) and I think it will be a good time.

www.purelightimages.com - definitely under construction.

Wish me luck.

Thomas

sparker1
06-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Best of luck, young man. I took a look at your gallery, and you have some wonderful stuff there. I also like that it's quick, which so many websites aren't.

gonzo
06-10-2007, 07:23 AM
My wife and I were at the Summerfest, but I think you were still setting up when we came past your booth. You had some nice photography - hope the day went well for you.

tmartenst
06-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks all! It was a great learning experience. Made a good amount for my first show. Definitely not enough to break even but I am not sure that will happen for a while. Kris, I was setting up all day so it doesn't surprise me.

gonzo
06-13-2007, 08:02 AM
My wife and I used to do farmer's markets and art shows in California; I know how hard it is to break even in those events. My wife (who sold her jewelry (http://www.greenbirdjewelry.com/) found that she actually made more money outside the events from people who picked up her business card and contacted her later. So, hang in there, it gets a little easier.

tmartenst
06-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks. I plan on doing them randomly thoughout the year but not focusing on it. I still have and will have a fulltime job all along. I prefer not to make photography my business to rely on because then I may lose some of the love that I have for it based on my hunger pains. When I start looking at every photograph as sustenance I will lose some of my appreciation for it I think.