05-30-2007, 06:53 PM
2 -3 for me and the wife.

tanya
05-30-2007, 07:19 PM
ONE!!!! Give me a shower and a soft bed at night! :mrgreen:

Alex
05-30-2007, 07:58 PM

...and to follow up on your previous answer, what would you be doing in a soft bed at night?!?! :ne_nau: :naughty:

LJ
05-30-2007, 08:02 PM

I'm with Tanya. I'll go days in a row but a hot bath and a soft bed it where it is at!

L

tanya
05-30-2007, 08:05 PM

...and to follow up on your previous answer, what would you be doing in a soft bed at night?!?! :ne_nau: :naughty:

Sleeping of course. :oops:

tanya
05-30-2007, 08:06 PM

I'm with Tanya. I'll go days in a row but a hot bath and a soft bed it where it is at!

L

:five:

Iceaxe
05-31-2007, 07:24 AM
LOL..what's the matter Shane, did Erics comment strike a nerve :roflol:

Nothing so dramatic..... Eric's comment just go me to thinking. I have always tried to construct my routes so they can be done in a single day or less because I understood that to be the most popular. I seldom get requests for multiple day trip beta..... But its always nice to get a second opinion and see if the mood of the canyoneering community is shifting at all.

Personally I like two day trips (multiple canyons in two days). Any longer than that and I start to get bored and the different canyons all bleed into each other and I have a hard time remembering what I saw in each canyon. Longer than three days and the canyons all become blurry and the uniqueness of each canyon is totally lost on me.

I'm also a big fan of the hot shower, soft bed, good food (that I don't have to cook), flirting with the barmaid, hanging out at the pool, swapping lies and drinking margaritias.

:popcorn:

Scott P
05-31-2007, 07:44 AM
I like remote areas, so I like overnight trips. Many people do not, especially the canyoneers that are lazy.

:bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake::bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake::bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Many canyons close to the roads are way over developed and trashed. Although pretty, I was disappointed in the amount of development and trash in Mystery, Keyhole, and Echo Canyons. People should learn to be more responsible. :nono:

I'm also a big fan of the hot shower

Cool pools in canyons are just as good, at least the clear ones.

soft bed

Sand and a Thermarest.

good food (that I don't have to cook)

Take Snickers bars or ask Tanya to cook for you.

flirting with the barmaid

Bring a barmaid with you.

hanging out at the pool

Hundreds of canyons have pools in them.

swapping lies

Swap them in the canyon.

drinking margaritias.

Bring them with you.

tanya
05-31-2007, 08:00 AM
I like remote areas, so I like overnight trips. Many people do not, especially the canyoneers that are lazy.

:bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake::bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake::bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Many canyons close to the roads are way over developed and trashed. Although pretty, I was disappointed in the amount of development and trash in Mystery, Keyhole, and Echo Canyons. People should learn to be more responsible. :nono:

I'm also a big fan of the hot shower

Cool pools in canyons are just as good, at least the clear ones.

soft bed

Sand and a Thermarest.

good food (that I don't have to cook)

Take Snickers bars or ask Tanya to cook for you.

flirting with the barmaid

Bring a barmaid with you.

hanging out at the pool

Hundreds of canyons have pools in them.

swapping lies

Swap them in the canyon.

drinking margaritias.

Bring them with you.

:lol8: A thermarest is NOT soft!

I cook at work for the employees (at the Chevron) lunch when I have time! They appreciate me and love my cooking. Hubby just likes to control what he eats and what is used in the house --- so I let him have at it. Whatever makes him happy.

rockgremlin
05-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Personally I like two day trips (multiple canyons in two days). Any longer than that and I start to get bored and the different canyons all bleed into each other and I have a hard time remembering what I saw in each canyon. Longer than three days and the canyons all become blurry and the uniqueness of each canyon is totally lost on me.

I'm also a big fan of the hot shower, soft bed, good food (that I don't have to cook), flirting with the barmaid, hanging out at the pool, swapping lies and drinking margaritias.

:popcorn:

Exactly. I feel the same way. I like to focus on a few canyons at a time. After 2-3 canyons, it almost loses it's attraction, and I begin to wish for home again.

Iceaxe
05-31-2007, 09:02 AM
It's obvious that Scott does not understand the concept of luxury.... or as my kids define it.... livin' large.

:kickit:

rockgremlin
05-31-2007, 09:07 AM
It's obvious that Scott does not understand the concept of luxury :kickit:

Sure he does....he must understand what it is, otherwise how would he know to avoid it? :haha:

Scott P
05-31-2007, 09:22 AM
It's obvious that Scott does not understand the concept of luxury....

Luxury is for honeymoons and old people, not canyoneers.

Jaxx
05-31-2007, 09:27 AM
I voted 2-3 days. 1 canyon a day though. I have a hard enough time keeping them apart doing 1 a day.

Iceaxe
05-31-2007, 11:02 AM
Luxury is for honeymoons

Every day is a honeymoon around the ol' Ice household :banana:

Scott P
05-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Every day is a honeymoon around the ol' Ice household

Even when you're out and gone canyoneering? :?

rockgremlin
05-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Every day is a honeymoon around the ol' Ice household

Even when you're out and gone canyoneering? :?

Yup. When Ice is out, the honeymoon continues for the deck-staining, gardening, handyman boyfriend.

Iceaxe
05-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Yup. When Ice is out, the honeymoon continues for the deck-staining, gardening, handyman boyfriend.

:2thumbs: :nod: :2thumbs:

Guns don't kill people.... Husbands that come home early from canyoneering trips kill people. :haha:

ajroadtrips
05-31-2007, 03:16 PM
I prefer 2-4 days, but usually take a longer trip or two throughout the year solo.

I find that too many days, and I loose the passion for it. Canyons become routine. Work I can see becoming a routine, but I prefer my hobbies not. Kind of like eating just chocolate donuts everyday. After awhile, I am sure they would stop tasting good.... maybe... well, maybe chocolate donuts are a bad example...

My days of pining to be a trust funder and pursue canyons and climbing en devours full time has waned a bit. Balance in everything? (Says the guy who has been out the last 3 weekends... :) )

-Recovering Canyon Addict

Scott P
05-31-2007, 04:08 PM
It depends on how close to home a place is too. It wouldn't be that worth it for me to drive all the way to the Grand Canyon or Zion for just one or two days. If the place is close to home, though, weekend trips work good.

tanya
05-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Luxury is for honeymoons

Every day is a honeymoon around the ol' Ice household :banana:

Wow! You had her trained as soon as you got married to hand you a beer and get out of the way of the TV?

tanya
05-31-2007, 04:39 PM
It depends on how close to home a place is too. It wouldn't be that worth it for me to drive all the way to the Grand Canyon or Zion for just one or two days. If the place is close to home, though, weekend trips work good.

I am so close to Zion, GC and Staircase that those one day trips are wonderful. Those 2 weeks in the Grand Canyon were awesome though!!! :ne_nau:

AJ
06-07-2007, 07:11 AM
The longer the better. A bad day in the canyons is still better than a good day at work. Unfortunately, life usually gets in the way; so most of my trips are usually 3 days long; but whenever possible, I connect two weekends for a 10 day trip. Heading out to Zion for a ten day leaving Friday 6/15. Can't wait...