PDA

View Full Version : Fish Lake....

rockgremlin
05-30-2007, 01:43 PM
....sucks right now.

We spent the entire weekend both shore fishing and on a pontoon boat, with various baits and trolling lures.....and NOTHING! If you really wanna catch fish then stay away from Fish Lake right now.

ericchile
05-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Last year I went BP'n into an area above FISH to a lake called Deer Creek. It wasn't as good as before because a hard freeze they had the year before. But some of the other lakes in the area were decent. Not sure if those had just been restocked or what.

accadacca
05-30-2007, 03:43 PM
That BLOWS dood! :bootyshake:

Sombeech
05-30-2007, 07:03 PM
There are very few things worse than getting skunked at fishing. That sucks.

Udink
05-30-2007, 07:48 PM
I took my kids fishing there from the shore in late July last year, and we spent a couple of hours and only caught one measly perch. I think you gotta actually know what you're doin', which I did not. :oops:

tallsteve
06-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Fishing from shore at Fish Lake can be tough- any time of year. A better option with kids along is to drive a few miles down the road to Johnsons reservoir. The best fishing at Fish Lake is done trolling from a boat. But, since I don't have a boat, I've had good luck from my float tube at the edge of the weed beds, dragging a wooly bugger or similar, on sinking fly line. Never been skunked.

Glockguy
06-02-2007, 09:33 PM
That's too bad FL is so crappy now. I used to go up there every summer about 12 years ago. The fishing would be awesome this time of year. I wonder what was done to mis-manage it?

MY T PIMP
06-04-2007, 08:15 AM
I find the best fishing down there is past Johnsons Reservoir to Mill Meadows Reservoir. It's with in a 1/2 hour of fish lake and produces some real nice trout. I fish down there during the bow hunt, and it is usually great for trout and perch.