PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report AF - Mud Springs XC and Down Hill

pskelley5
05-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Rode Mud Springs today (May 28, 2007).

Took some photos and thought I would share them with all of you!

Our group consisted of my brother, my son and my neighbor. We all went to American Fork Canyon, and rode Ridge Trail 157 from the top of the Alpine loop, down to the Mud Springs trail. Following Mud Springs, we intersected the Tibble Fork Trail and continued straight ahead, taking the Mill Creek Canyon Trail. We finished in style by crossing the stream that feeds the Tibble Fork Reservoir (some of us did it bare-foot... Ahhhhh), cranking up onto the dirt road on the other side.

Trail was very dusty. We were on the edge through most of Mud Springs and the last section of Mill Creek Canyon trail because of the exposed roots, a few logs that crossed the trail (don't worry, you'll seem them before it's too late!), and certain steep sections.

It was my first time ever riding a trail with clipless pedals, and man I sure had learn FAST! I got scared a few times because, being new, I felt I couldn't pull out fast enough, but just at the last second, my foot would twist just enough to release and keep me from doing the face-plant!

Climbing with those pedals (Crank Bros. Candy SLs) was terrific! I'm hooked! <--- Haha! Very bad pun.

We all had soooo much fun!

It was a great ride and just an awesome day!

pskelley5
05-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I'll try to upload a couple of pictures here...

fourtycal
05-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Sweet trip report :2thumbs: and one of my favorite trails too. It is amazing. :popcorn:

greyhair biker
05-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Beautiful area! Ive never actually ridden it...used to go up there alot but Id like to ride it sometime!

Sombeech
05-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Looks pretty cool up there, I'd like to ride that sometime.

Thanks for the report. I threw it into the Trip Report Index. :cool2:

tallsteve
05-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Boy, I like living where I do- I ride that trail network 3-4 times a week!