PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Goblins and little wild horses

Brewhaha
05-26-2007, 11:12 PM
We just spent a few days in the Swell and had a great time except for the gnats which were horrible. Thanks to all the advice all of you gave in another thread about camping around GV we found a great place about 2 or 3 miles down the road to LWC. Since there are lots of pics of LWC and GV I didn't include many. I did include a couple of my favorites.

Also, everytime we've gone to LWC we see these huge lizards (see the pic). Does anyone know what kind they are?

On the return trip we stopped at the huge sand dune outside of Arches in Moab. The kids have always asked us to stop there but we were always more anxious to get home. This time, we figured we were already dirty and not in such a hurry and so we stopped. The kids climbed the hill at least 5 times each. The adults, however, only made it once. And that, just barely.

Lastly, there are some pictures of petroglyphs and pictographs in the park entrace building to GV. One of the picto's was of a Shaman (?) with a bunch of antelopes near his feet, birds flying overhead, and he is holding a snake. Does anyone know where this is? I can't remember the exact name give from the picture but it does talk about a Shaman. I would love to visit it.

sparker1
05-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Good pics. The lizard looks like the Desert Spiny Lizard.

tanya
05-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Nice photos! The boys are adorable!

accadacca
05-27-2007, 08:52 PM
That grass around your campground is pretty green this time of year and I like it! :treehugger:

Win
05-28-2007, 05:46 AM
That picture of your son in the Goblins is unreal! What a cool place, I might be back there over 4th of July.

I think that lizard is a Chuckwalla, I've seen them down at the Toroweap area of the G.C.

Win