PDA

View Full Version : Watering Hole??

price1869
05-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Growing up in Rexburg, we spent many summer days floating down the canal, jumping off Funny Farm Bridge and Twin Bridges, and hanging out by the waterfalls of Monkey Rock.

So the question is . . .

Where are the good watering holes in SLC? I know about shooting the tube (it's okay) and about the natural slide up LCC (watershed). Are there any good cliffs to jump or bridges close to the city?

price1869
05-22-2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEZN0MClnKo

price1869
05-23-2007, 08:53 AM
bump

http://www.threadless.com/product/490/view1.jpg

rockgremlin
05-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Those shirts are funny...I want one.

price1869
05-23-2007, 10:13 AM
www.threadless.com

price1869
05-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Bump

Some outdoor forum we have here!

Jaxx
05-23-2007, 03:14 PM
We used to go up to diversion dam in Provo Canyon. That doesn't really help you though. It had a rope swing that has been taken down now. If water levels are up you can slide down the dam and on the bottom of the dam is a bowl shape and the momentum will shoot you off the end into a pool, you have to pick the right spot or you will hit rocks. hard to describe but fun.

Or take your lady in the tunnel, walk through some nasty water, ride big wheels, and mabey get some action. EDIT: the tunnel is also in provo canyon

offpiste
05-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Again in Provo canyon we used to jump off the tressel, have to hit the right spot.
used to go jump off the trees at the provo harbor into the river as well, I think that is why I walk funny......lol.
always did the canal during the summer.
salem pond
but all in UV

shaggy125
05-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Hmmm... this is going to be a worthless post that will probably just piss you off Price. I know there are swimming holes, but just don't know exactly where they are. There is a bridge in Lehi that crosses the Jordan River that people jump off of (do you really want to swim in the Jordan River though?). In the past I've seen a rope swing near the mouth of American Fork Canyon, but with all the development in that area it's probably gone, haven't seen people swimming there in years. Ben (rock_ski_cowboy) knows of a rope swing into a lake down south of Payson somewhere, we keep saying we are going to go out there one of these summers but it still hasn't happened. There is a waterslide above Alpine that I've been to but people have put up a massive locked gate that would be pretty hard to break into blocking the trailhead road. Last time I went there were some people nearby out in their yard that gave us permission to walk through their property to reach the trail. It's been years since I've gone, I'd have to drive out there and look around till I found it again. Sorry my post was so worthless but maybe if you start asking around about these someone will know where they actually are.

Eric.