PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Weekend Plans?

Shan
05-22-2007, 11:36 AM
I normally don't vacation around this time (everyone else is out!). But being that my husband has this week off and we won't get to vacation together until November, I really think we should take advantage and go somewhere for a few days.

Where are you headed?

accadacca
05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
I'll stay in town and sip on some lemonade. You all can have that holiday traffic and high gas prices. :bootyshake:

rockgremlin
05-22-2007, 01:48 PM
:fishing: :fishing: Fish Lake :fishing: :fishing:

live2ride
05-22-2007, 01:54 PM
I am going to go Mtn BIking, then hit pineview with all of the other people!!! Maybee the cold water will scare a few away!!!

MTpockets
05-22-2007, 02:05 PM
I suppoose that short of being diagnosed with cancer or some other serious illness I'll be taking my wife to San Diego to watch my step-son graduate from Marine Corps recruit training.

Might as well hit the zoo and Sea World while we're there.

MT

sparker1
05-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Sun Valley, Idaho to check out the Sawtooth Mountains.

shaggy125
05-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Canyoneering in Mexico!

greyhair biker
05-22-2007, 08:49 PM
My wife is going to New York with a friend to attend WestPoint's graduation ceremony and I am home for the week/weekend to do just about anything I can get away with...LOTS of MTbiking! and who knows what else. :friday: :banana: :party:

shagster
05-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Headed to West Yellowstone for some :fishing:!!

Scott P
05-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Where are you headed?

Running the Yampa River.

Alex
05-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Where are you headed?

Running the Yampa River.

<--- Jealous!

LJ
05-24-2007, 12:54 PM
I'll be in Moab hawking my wares at the Art Festival. Anyone in the area stop by and say Hi!

Lin

Shan
05-24-2007, 01:12 PM
What kind of wares are you hawking?

gonzo
05-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I think I'm going down to Spring City (nearish Ephraim) on Saturday to check out their Heritage Days. (I sure hope it's better than Hanna Days). Hopefully I'll get in some hiking down there, too.

I figure I'll grill up some eggplant and peppers at some point, too. (I'm trying my hand at vegetarianism again).

Iceaxe
05-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Cedar Mesa

I think I'm going to try and find some of Brewhaha's ruins :2thumbs:

http://uutah.com/forum/files/img_0641_751.jpg

W
05-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Was thinkin' about road-tripping up to Montana, but I've been so busy the last couple of weeks that I haven't had time to plan anything. Think I'll just stick around here & have some good ol' R&R. May go hiking a bit, maybe drive up to Bear Lake one day... see what happens.

Hmm... wonder if the bobsled up at Winter Sports Park is open for summer operations yet? Been wanting to go try that...

DirkHammergate
05-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Don't laugh at HammerGate, I've got tennis matches on Saturday and Monday (which I don't know how I'm gonna make it cause I've played everyday since Monday and my f*#cking legs kill, I mean really kill, I had a 5 set match from 2:30 to 4:30 today, brutal).

In between I've got fun time with the boys, movie watching to do, a little work and I might throw a beer with a pal. That's it.

LJ
05-25-2007, 08:21 PM

I've started to sell some of my photography. I've done some retail shows with the boy and have some work in a few stores (including Tanya's Chevron which I didn't realize and she doesn't either) but this is the first art festival on my own so a bit nervous but going to have fun for sure. Plus throwing in some jewelry I made which should bring in enough to pay for gas.

accadacca
05-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Oh man you should have seen the traffic on Friday. At work my team and I went on a little field trip to Provo to see a movie (Pirates 3) at the mall. Oh bloody hell the traffic going south was diabolical. We drove back to Lehi and there was a string of campers, trailers, you name it. Then I hopped on my motorcycle and rode back home towards Salt Lake. It was backed up from Provo to I am sure Salt and Lake and beyond. Also I am sure it was backed up beyond Provo and maybe all the way to Nephi. I just don't understand it? NOTHING is worth that torture. :ne_nau:

tanya
05-26-2007, 09:13 PM

I've started to sell some of my photography. I've done some retail shows with the boy and have some work in a few stores (including Tanya's Chevron which I didn't realize and she doesn't either) but this is the first art festival on my own so a bit nervous but going to have fun for sure. Plus throwing in some jewelry I made which should bring in enough to pay for gas.

So that handsome guy that brought that new post card/photo rack to my store is yours. :five: It's great work. I was happy to have it in the store. :2thumbs:

LJ
05-26-2007, 09:37 PM

So that handsome guy that brought that new post card/photo rack to my store is yours. :five: It's great work. I was happy to have it in the store. :2thumbs:

Most all of the work is his. I did the sunflowers and daisies. We make a good pair - he shoots the large landscapes and the wildlife and I shoot the beauty in the little things. We will be out hiking, say "do you see that?", both pull out our cameras and then go in different directions. He loves showing this picture he took of me while I was taking a picture of some plant while laying on the edge of a cliff with this sweeping vista behind me. Anyway, really glad you enjoy having them in the store. We sure have a great time hiking/traveling and taking pictures. He's on his way to Alaska for the summer to get some more great shots. I'll be stopping by in the next month or so to see if you need anything refilled.

tanya
05-26-2007, 09:42 PM

Most all of the work is his. I did the sunflowers and daisies. We make a good pair - he shoots the large landscapes and the wildlife and I shoot the beauty in the little things. We will be out hiking, say "do you see that?", both pull out our cameras and then go in different directions. He loves showing this picture he took of me while I was taking a picture of some plant while laying on the edge of a cliff with this sweeping vista behind me. Anyway, really glad you enjoy having them in the store. We sure have a great time hiking/traveling and taking pictures. He's on his way to Alaska for the summer to get some more great shots. I'll be stopping by in the next month or so to see if you need anything refilled.

Don't tell him, but those flowers are my favorite. :rockon:

sparker1
05-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Here are a few photos taken in and around the Sun Valley, ID area. The mountains are the Sawtooths.

tanya
05-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Excellent photos! Love those!

sparker1
05-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Thanks, Tanya. This area is so beautiful. It almost rivals some of my favorite places in Colorado.

greyhair biker
05-27-2007, 05:48 PM
I love the one with the teepee! Thats' what I should have taken a pic of yesterday at the ranch but I was too busy getting ready to ride.

accadacca
05-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Those are awesome sparky! You get around fella. :2thumbs: :popcorn: