PDA

View Full Version : Desperately LOST

TreeHugger
05-18-2007, 03:37 PM
What can I say, I'm hopelessly addicted to the show LOST, it's pretty much the only thing on TV that I must watch or make a point to see.

Next Wednesday is the Season Finale and WOE IS ME..... I'll be camping and wont be able to see it! Ack! What am I going to DO????
I have no way to tape it.

Do you?

What can I do to talk you into tapping it for me? (careful, Dirk....) I'll buy ya a beer.... food? If you're in SLC that would be easier for the "exchange of goods".

PM me if you can help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Yours,
Tree.

Reedus
05-18-2007, 03:43 PM
I can record it for you if you want. I just need a reminder.

stefan
05-18-2007, 03:53 PM
i believe they stream for free ...

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

asdf
05-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Sad to say but I love lost to... Its the other thing other than basketball that i make an effort to watch. I hate commercials SO bad that I download torrents of the Lost and I have every single ep. on my computer.
http://www.mininova.org/ if you search for lost you can get them all.
New ones will even show up just before they air in Utah (people in the east coast record and upload them).

did you see jacob last week? it was quick. http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Jacob

I can post some spoilers for you if you would like.... I know whats going to happen :2thumbs:

KillEmAll
05-18-2007, 08:30 PM
gotta say I'm hooked. But I'd rather be hooked to crack. Every f*ing time I watch I get pissed at how the episode ends. Every single one ends with a bigger question than what they started with. I tell my wife each time that I will never watch it again. But I do. I'm so weak. :wallbash:

TreeHugger
05-19-2007, 10:17 AM
LOL! :haha: You guys sum it up pretty darn well! It's a hopeless addiction.

I've got someone to tape it for me, so I'm cool. Let's see - 100 more episodes til its done... what's that, three more years of my life?? :eek2:

Thanks for the links, guys. And, no.... no spoilers, thanks! Gotta sweat it out for the long haul.

Cheerio!

Tree.

LJ
05-20-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm at an internet cafe right now downloading the last eight episodes - don't be telling me what happens unless they have killed off Charlie - have they?! Anyway, the boy and I are doing the minimalist thing and I haven't had a television for the last four months and the only things I miss are the playoffs (go Daron and Dee!) and LOST. Sigh - the boy has hit the road for the summer so I might have to sneak the flat screen back until the season is over.

DirkHammergate
05-20-2007, 05:22 PM
What can I say, I'm hopelessly addicted to the show LOST, it's pretty much the only thing on TV that I must watch or make a point to see.

Next Wednesday is the Season Finale and WOE IS ME..... I'll be camping and wont be able to see it! Ack! What am I going to DO????
I have no way to tape it.

Do you?

What can I do to talk you into tapping it for me? (careful, Dirk....) I'll buy ya a beer.... food? If you're in SLC that would be easier for the "exchange of goods".

PM me if you can help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Yours,
Tree.

Tivo

DiscGo
05-20-2007, 07:19 PM
I watched my first episode this last week. I thought it was pretty cool. I really liked all the flash backs.

I've been hearing about Lost forever, and it is kind of nice to see what all the fuss is about.

Alex
05-20-2007, 07:59 PM
I am one of those addicts, but I went the extra step. I have all seasons in a digital format, the third season is in HD (720p 1 episode = 1GB). I usually get the HD version a day after the show is aired, or the 480p (350MB per episode) version an hour before it airs here in Utah. So ya, if you need an episode, let me know :2thumbs: :five:

TreeHugger
05-20-2007, 08:03 PM
I am on of those addicts, but I went the extra step. I have all seasons in a digital format, the third season is in HD (720p 1 episode = 1GB). I usually get the HD version a day after the show is aired, or the 480p (350MB per episode) version an hour before it airs here in Utah. So ya, if you need an episode, let me know :2thumbs: :five:

SWEET!! Thanks!!!

Tivo? What's that??? :wink:

stefan
05-20-2007, 08:07 PM
I am on of those addicts, but I went the extra step. I have all seasons in a digital format, the third season is in HD (720p 1 episode = 1GB). I usually get the HD version a day after the show is aired, or the 480p (350MB per episode) version an hour before it airs here in Utah. So ya, if you need an episode, let me know :2thumbs: :five:

SWEET!! Thanks!!!

a reall cool expensive idea ...

i've reaped the benefits of tivo ... i never owned it nor used it ... however, a buddy of mine helped me out with it. the first part of the last season of the sopranos ... he'd tivo it ... burn it to dvd ... encode it in mpeg ... transfer it over the lines (did i say that out loud). unfortunately now the burner's down.

Alex
05-20-2007, 08:08 PM
... transfer it over the lines

:lol8: never heard of it expressed that way!

DirkHammergate
05-20-2007, 09:17 PM

TH! We'd never last....

asdf
05-21-2007, 11:12 AM
I love mild spoilers because I like having a good idea of what is going to happen before I watch lost. I have found that I am able to pick up a lot of the little details of the show with out having to watch the ep. twice.

Here is a very basic run down of the first half of the last episode(s) of the season.

part one (http://bp1.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlALPVYigmI/AAAAAAAAFfQ/lhntEUkRIyA/s1600-h/lostfan108part1.jpg)

part two (http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlE9h1YigsI/AAAAAAAAFgI/6H9lSujonUY/s1600-h/lostfan108part2.jpg)

These spoilers DO NOT reveal the ending.
Don't get mad at me if you click the link.. But I think they are worth reading.

TreeHugger
05-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Oooo, wow! Good spoilers!! :-) I couldnt help but read them! :-)

So, hey, whoever wrote those, how do they know what is going to happen?

Questions, and more questions.......

hank moon
05-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Another addict - to the DVDs. Can't watch it on TV, so I just wait for the DVD release and watch the whole season in marathon. Looking forward to this fall...

asdf
05-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Oooo, wow! Good spoilers!! :-) I couldnt help but read them! :-)

So, hey, whoever wrote those, how do they know what is going to happen?

Questions, and more questions.......

They are inside the loop and get to see the esposide before it Airs. Then they post a overview like that a few days before the show airs to the public.

Here is the best lost spoilers site http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/ They post all the different previews for the next eps.
They also have people that check out the filming from a distance... pretty crazy stuff.