PDA

View Full Version : Powerbars & Energy Gel

Sombeech
05-16-2007, 10:06 AM
What do you use? How does it do for you?

I've been getting the Powerbar Gel and the Jelly Belly sport beans lately. I honestly haven't noticed any energy boosts. In fact, I think they wear me out more.

MY T PIMP
05-16-2007, 10:19 AM
To be honest the only substance I have ever taken into my body that i have really noticed a change in energy is energy drinks. Everything else just does not work. I suggest you fill your Camelback with a Bookoos or Rockstar. I guaran-damn-tee-ya you will notice a difference.

accadacca
05-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I drink lots of Gatoraid and I find that it helps me. The power bars work for me too, but I only use them when I am riding multiple trails in a day and need a kick.

live2ride
05-16-2007, 12:20 PM
I use GU during before and during my rides and like that route, it doesn't necessarily give me an energy boost; however, it does keep me from Bonking early, that is where I can feel the difference on a long ride. Today I have decided to add Accelerade to my biking to see if a mixture of carbs/protein during the ride will extend my energy for a longer period? That's my take.

Joe Gardner
05-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Fig Newtons! Buy a box of the small lunch packs, easy to much down with a bit of water, great for quick easy carbs and 80% cheaper then gels / energy bars. On longer road rides I'll pour a red bull or two into my camel back, warm water tastes much better with a bit of red bull mixed in.

Gixxer
05-17-2007, 09:30 AM
I suggest you fill your Camelback with a Bookoos or Rockstar.

those arent carbonated?

MY T PIMP
05-17-2007, 10:49 AM
I suggest you fill your Camelback with a Bookoos or Rockstar.

those aren't carbonated?Oh yes they are, but they still wind me up. The trick is to make em last for the whole ride or you'll crash hard.

greyhair biker
05-18-2007, 07:51 AM
I use 'em all...powerbars, clifbars, jelly bellies sportbeans, honeystinger products...you name it...mainly because I sell them in my shop. Right now I have Clifbars, HoneyStinger, Sport Beans, and SportBlok gelchews in stock so I use them on rides....and YES, a RipIT Fuel drink helps to kill the 'bonk'...gotta be careful with the carbonation though, THAT is what really wipes me out.