PDA

View Full Version : Teen Hurt Whacking Bullets With Hammer

Mtnman1830
05-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Teen Hurt Whacking Bullets With Hammer
By Associated Press
Mon May 14, 2:41 PM

LAKE LUZERNE, N.Y. - A teenager who put bullets in a vise and whacked them with a hammer to empty the brass shell casings was wounded in the abdomen by approximately the 100th bullet he hit, according to Warren County deputies.

Damion M. Mosher, 18, had been discharging .223-caliber rounds, placing them in a steel vise, putting a screwdriver on the primer, and striking the screwdriver with the hammer, deputies said.

Deputies were called to his home in Lake Luzerne shortly after 5 p.m. Saturday when one bullet went about a half-inch into his abdomen. He was treated at Glens Falls Hospital and was released. No charges were filed.

Mosher told authorities he was trying to empty the rounds to collect the brass casings for scrap.

Sheriff Larry Cleveland said about 100 other rounds that Mosher hit had "fizzled," but one was somehow sent with more force. It was unclear if the bullet ricocheted or hit him directly.

An employee of Capitol Scrap Co. in Albany said Monday the business pays $1.70 a pound for scrap brass shell casings.

Cleveland said Mosher's shells amounted to just a few pounds.

Lake Luzerne, at the southeastern edge of the Adirondacks, is 45 miles north of Albany.

shagster
05-14-2007, 09:30 PM
That's too bad. It reminds me of some of the stupid things I used to do when I was a teenager. We used to tape marbles to the end of shotgun shells and then throw them on the road. We also taped a piece of pipe to the end of our BB guns and then put shotgun shells down the pipe. We would then shoot the primers and try to hit anything in sight. Kind of stupid now that I think about it. :ne_nau: I wonder what I was thinking sometimes.

fourtycal
05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
That's too bad. It reminds me of some of the stupid things I used to do when I was a teenager. We used to tape marbles to the end of shotgun shells and then throw them on the road. We also taped a piece of pipe to the end of our BB guns and then put shotgun shells down the pipe. We would then shoot the primers and try to hit anything in sight. Kind of stupid now that I think about it. :ne_nau: I wonder what I was thinking sometimes.

:roflol: Here too! Anything that made a big bang was great fun.

jumar
05-15-2007, 06:30 AM
Damion M. Mosher, 18...

He's 18 years old??? I was picturing a 12 year old or something. :roll:
:roflol:

Sombeech
05-15-2007, 08:13 AM
We used to tape marbles to the end of shotgun shells and then throw them on the road.

Ditto. :lol8:

DAA
05-15-2007, 08:25 AM
We used to tape marbles to the end of shotgun shells and then throw them on the road.

Ditto. :lol8:

We would open one up to get a few BB's, then tape a BB to the primer, and throw them off the garage roof. Not the smartest kids around, but we had fun... :lol8:

- DAA

HEADHUNTER
05-15-2007, 04:53 PM
My friends were throwing M80s in mailboxes one night - until they came upon a house and blew up their mailbox - unfortunately for them it was a cop's house and the cop was sitting in his car in the driveway.

Whoops!

MY T PIMP
05-16-2007, 06:28 AM
My friends were throwing M80s in mailboxes one night - until they came upon a house and blew up their mailbox - unfortunately for them it was a cop's house and the cop was sitting in his car in the driveway.

Whoops!You want to see a disturbing movie about this rent "The Butterfly Effect"

MY T PIMP
05-16-2007, 06:29 AM
The kid was trying to empty the brass so he could sell it, Hell I would have payed him for the box of bullets.