PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report broads fork

goofball
05-14-2007, 07:08 PM
went up broads fork today. snow is really running off ! 2-3 snags acros the trail are very easy to step over. and there is a slide in the small meadow 5-10 minutes above the bridge, 4 feet of snow and conifers. the meadows of the basibn are a swampy bog of high run off. nothing sprouting yet of course. saw a woman as i approached the bridge, then met her husband a few minutes after i crossed it and was heading up. about 1 minute later i saw a rattle snake on the trail. cool ! approached cautiously w/ big stick to shoo it off the trail .it was only 9.30 or so, and temps being what they were knew it would be sluggish. as i got closer i noticed it had been bashed w/ a large rock. this really pissed me off. :angryfire: i felt like running back down trail and telling that shithead that had just killed it what a f'ing idiot i think he is. wouldn't have minded pushign his stupid ass in the spring runoff either... what kind of dumb ass kills a creature that would be just as easy to encourage to ramble on ? shows a real lack of respect and understanding of his part. too bad. especially for the rattle snake. if i had arrived 1 minute earlier i could have shood it off instead of twit meister killing it. r.i.p. little (well, not so little. 3') snake. and know this, your death shall not be in vain ! for i shall avenge you. even if it means punching a total stranger in teh eye for no reason but to vent my righteous rage ! then the world will know of your sacrifice and weep as i weep. :2thumbs: