View Full Version : Sorry, but this is just stupid; teachers should be fired

Scott P
05-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Is this for real?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070513/faked-attack

MURFREESBORO, Tenn.

Jaxx
05-14-2007, 12:44 PM
This was on the Radio from Hell show this morning. That is so messed up for those teachers to do that.

JP
05-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Good job for the teachers. In this day and age it's unfortunate that fire drills just are not enough. As far as the parents, most over-react to things and have knee-jerk responses. But, they would be the first to complain if a shooting did occur and blame the school and it's administrators for not doing enough to protect its students :roll: :roll: :roll:

shagster
05-14-2007, 02:30 PM
That is so messed up for those teachers to do that.
I agree, maybe they should have put some more thought into this before actually carrying it out. :ne_nau:

RugerShooter
05-14-2007, 03:03 PM
That is messed up I can't believe they did that. I don't see how doing that protects the school kids.

Mtnman1830
05-14-2007, 03:20 PM
The Emotional Trauma inflicted on those kids is real, even if the attack wasn't. PATHETIC

Rev. Coyote
05-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Had they used paintball guns, it might have been genuinely interesting.

Seriously, I don't know what to think of this. Everyone has a good point on this thread.

nefarious
05-14-2007, 06:00 PM
This is good because the kids have been though the drill and now they are well-prepared in case this happens for real. Let's see, they learned to:
1. Cry
2. Cower in an exposed position and remain immoble
3. Draw attention to their position with pleas for mercy

Mtnman1830
05-14-2007, 08:29 PM
As a society, we have been trained to be sheep.

Not to come across as an arm chair direction yeller, but, for instance, in the SLC mall shooting, why didn't a group of people overpower the shooter while he was reloading?

Granted, I dont know any details of that awful situation, but I wonder what I really would have done if in such a situation...

sparker1
05-14-2007, 09:14 PM
So, next we drop a bomb on a school to teach the kids how to dive under their desk???? Where is the general outrage at this unbelievably thoughtless act? Imus got fired for an outrageous comment, how can these idiots not be fired?

hank moon
05-15-2007, 01:59 AM
Is this for real?

not to worry - just a routine media fabrication... :-)

jumar
05-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Apparently they repeatedly told the students it was not a drill. Then when they finally explained it to them, they called it a prank.
So I'm not convinced they were trying to do a prep drill, like a fire drill. I'm not sure what they were thinking, but I think I'd be pretty pissed if I were one of the parents.

price1869
05-15-2007, 09:01 AM

Seriously, I don't know what to think of this. Everyone has a good point on this thread.

They actually did this at Madison Highschool (paintballs and all) the year after I graduated. It caused a huge uproar in the community. Apparently, the school district hired an outside firm to come do the drill. It caused a lot of emotional trauma, and they were actually shooting students.

While I think it would be great to bust into a highschool and blast all the little terds with paintballs, I am 100% against this kind of drill.

IMHO - Teachers should be strongly educated on how to use firearms, and certain teachers should be packing. It's definitely the teachers who need to be going through drills.

Sombeech
05-15-2007, 09:40 AM
They just need a plan that everybody is familiar with.

If they want to ban firearms in the classroom, the teachers should be responsible for protecting the students, since they are stripped of that option.

They didn't need to do a big drill.

Rev. Coyote
05-15-2007, 09:42 AM

They actually did this at Madison Highschool (paintballs and all) the year after I graduated. It caused a huge uproar in the community. Apparently, the school district hired an outside firm to come do the drill. It caused a lot of emotional trauma, and they were actually shooting students.

While I think it would be great to bust into a highschool and blast all the little terds with paintballs, I am 100% against this kind of drill.

IMHO - Teachers should be strongly educated on how to use firearms, and certain teachers should be packing. It's definitely the teachers who need to be going through drills.

Price, this is a bad bad sign. I agree with you on every point.

jumar
05-15-2007, 09:43 AM
:dropmouth:

Sombeech
05-15-2007, 09:48 AM

Crap, we gotta lock this sucker up now.

hank moon
05-15-2007, 12:24 PM

I think it would be better if everyone were armed - esp. the students. That way there would be more of a chance for someone to stop these crazy shootings and other violence that afflict our nation's schools. Just arming the teacher isn't enough 'cuz the savvy edu-terrorist is gonna just take Miss Crabapple out first and have at it.

I'd like to see lunchlady Doris blastin' baddies through a vat of stewed horse testicles! MMmmMmM. More horse testicles means more iron.

jumar
05-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I think it would be better if everyone were armed - esp. the students.
And here I had the impression that you were anti-guns for self defense. I stand corrected.

hank moon
05-15-2007, 01:58 PM
I think it would be better if everyone were armed - esp. the students.
And here I had the impression that you were anti-guns for self defense. I stand corrected.

I thought so! Hey, you know the old one about assumptions...

Geez, if they're not for self-defense, what good are they?

jumar
05-15-2007, 02:47 PM
I thought so! Hey, you know the old one about assumptions...

I do indeed :bootyshake:

RugerShooter
05-15-2007, 03:35 PM
I can't believe it a political topic that the majority agrees on. :2thumbs:
these teachers are whacked :nod:

nefarious
05-15-2007, 10:36 PM

Not to come across as an arm chair direction yeller, but, for instance, in the SLC mall shooting, why didn't a group of people overpower the shooter while he was reloading?

Granted, I dont know any details of that awful situation, but I wonder what I really would have done if in such a situation...Best point yet. In Israel, citizens do rush gunmen when it's necessary.

Gun control laws might actually reduce crimes committed with guns--that's not to say I support such laws because I don't--but they would have to be in place for maybe a decade or more before there was any noticable reduction in gun crime.

The real solution is to educate people how to react when nutters go on a rampage. Had you and me been in SLC that fateful day, I think we could have stopped a tragedy. All I would have needed was someone with an expert knowledge of firearms to help me time the "let's roll," and to back me up. Three or four guys rushing from different angles would have been able to disarm that guy easy, and he probably would have panicked and not been able to shoot at any of us on the way in.

JP
05-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Gun control laws might actually reduce crimes committed with guns
I doubt it.

Sombeech
05-16-2007, 07:34 AM
If we ban drugs, that would take them off of the streets.

shagster
05-16-2007, 08:01 AM

Granted, I dont know any details of that awful situation, but I wonder what I really would have done if in such a situation...Best point yet. In Israel, citizens do rush gunmen when it's necessary.

Gun control laws might actually reduce crimes committed with guns--that's not to say I support such laws because I don't--but they would have to be in place for maybe a decade or more before there was any noticable reduction in gun crime.

The real solution is to educate people how to react when nutters go on a rampage. Had you and me been in SLC that fateful day, I think we could have stopped a tragedy. All I would have needed was someone with an expert knowledge of firearms to help me time the "let's roll," and to back me up. Three or four guys rushing from different angles would have been able to disarm that guy easy, and he probably would have panicked and not been able to shoot at any of us on the way in.

I agree, when I look at these kinds of things happening I think to myslef why in the hell did someone not ruch that guy and kick his a-- before he shot all those people. Who knows maybe I wouldn't be thinking that way in a real situation, but I sure hope that I would have the courage to save someone life besides my own by taking out the gunman. :five:

RugerShooter
05-16-2007, 09:37 PM
If we ban drugs, that would take them off of the streets.
your right on that one beech