PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR: Lake Blanche

Wasatch
05-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Went up to Lake Blanche today in Big Cottonwood Canyon. This is one of my favorite hikes/places in Big Cottonwood. No pics, but I should have brought the camera. The trail has changed alot since I was there last year around this time. There were alot of trees down last year, but this year there are more and their covering the trail in a few spots. There was a few snowfields higher up, so expect some postholing in a few spots, the snow is still deep, up to my thigh when I went in. The lake itself is more than half frozen still, with a cool looking sheet of ice on it, Sundial is basically snow free, Dromedary/Sunrise still have a bunch of snow on them. I did have the lake to myself for about 10 minutes when a few people started showing up, oh well. It was a nice hike and day.

tanya
05-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day. :nod: :2thumbs:

tapehoser
06-22-2007, 12:09 PM
I am taking a bunch of scouts up there in the coming days/weeks. I've been there twice before, the last time was 9 years ago. How has this trail changed since then? I am not a hiker, but the last 3rd of the trail seemed a little arduous. Is it still that way?

Wasatch
06-22-2007, 03:27 PM
I've only been doing this hike for about 6.5 years, so I'm not sure what you mean. Most likely it's still the same.