PDA

View Full Version : Dock Jumping w/ Don's new bike

Sombeech
05-11-2007, 11:02 PM
We gave Don's (MY T PIMP) new Diamondback a test run today at work.

Here are a few pics and video of REDFOX testing out the suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIAgZGS0fpw

greyhair biker
05-12-2007, 02:13 PM
OH come ON - where's the airtime...the landing....the medical treatment?? :lol8:

tanya
05-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Please define....

"T Pimp"

How does this vary from Ice and Hammer?

Sombeech
05-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Please define....

"T Pimp"

How does this vary from Ice and Hammer?

MY T PIMP has been away from the forum for a while, but is back. (Mighty Pimp). MYTPIMP is actually his phone number. :2thumbs:

Let's just say; there are pimps, and then there is My T Pimp. He'll pimp it strong, all night long.

nefarious
05-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Thats how I broke the swingarm on my XC rig, I guess you're not supposed to jump them like that. It took me forever to work up the courage to make small hops like that (Im such a puss) but I don't have the advantage of motorcycle jumping experience that you guys probably do. Kids riding their skateboards diss me for not doing 360's and stuff off ledges. They always do. Dang it.

By the way, you think you could get REDFOX to make that hop with the ramp up on an angle like in the pic?

nefarious
05-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Oh yeah. Where's the helmet in case something retarded happens? Everyone does something retarded eventually.

shagster
05-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Oh yeah. Where's the helmet in case something retarded happens? Everyone does something retarded eventually.

That was my question, where's the helmet? Come on guys use your HEADS, but make sure you get it on camera when you do I want to see the wreck and blood... :haha:

REDFOX
05-13-2007, 09:06 PM
I always wear a helmet when I am on my bike. I didn't know that I was going to be talked into testing out a new bike on the spot. I have already broken 1 vertebrae in my neck and 2 in my upper back, so I am care full to stay within my limits. This drop was no big deal. The problem was with the landing being a reverse grade. A sloped or even a flat landing would have been more ideal. The bike was very smooth and handled the harsh landing with ease.

Mtnbiker
05-14-2007, 07:20 AM

You mean like drop 5' to a reverse tranny? :lol8: Ouch.

RedSpecialized
05-15-2007, 02:56 PM
That is a pretty sweet bike!! I hear it's killer deal right know at Dick's sporting goods!

So, when are you going to launch off it with the doc up? That would be sweet!! I know it wouldn't be much of deal to REDFOX. I've been riding with him once or twice and he is CRAZY in the saddle. A very good rider.