PDA

View Full Version : Howdy! New guy moving to SLC.

Mtnbeer
05-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey folks,
Just joined the forum, but have been reading it now for a couple weeks. I'm moving to Salt Lake City this summer from Anchorage, Alaska. I'm looking forward to more sun and better biking than up here. My wife and I both like to mountain bike, hike, and some canyoneering. I also like to climb (rock and ice), and boat (14 foot self-bailer). I'm looking forward to meeting up for some of those Tuesday nite rides! Any tips for SLC and buying a house is greatly appreciated as well.

Mtnbeer

stefan
05-11-2007, 04:59 PM
nice ... welcome to the site :2thumbs:

hope you enjoy livin' in ootah ... a mighty fine place to be for the outdoors

then again so is anchorage. my aunt lives there ... AK is wonderful :nod:

W
05-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Hey Mtnbeer, welcome to the group! I'm kinda new around here too (to the Forums that is; been in Utah for 32 looooong years hehe -- shame, only started really enjoying the outdoors -- hiking & snowboarding, etc. -- in the past year or so).

Can't help ya much on house-hunting... if I were any good at that, I wouldn't still be living in an apartment. Then again, I'm single and I don't have to worry about mowing the lawn or shovelling snow, so... there are benefits!

Anyway, great to have ya here, and hope you enjoy the move to Utah!

-Josh

Wasatch
05-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Welcome aboard. Maybe we will do a canyon at some point.

Sombeech
05-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the forum. Some day I'll make it up to AK.

spiraleyes
05-12-2007, 07:29 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2/spiraleyes/270917403_1ae736f6c5.jpg

tanya
05-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Hey folks,
Just joined the forum, but have been reading it now for a couple weeks. I'm moving to Salt Lake City this summer from Anchorage, Alaska. I'm looking forward to more sun and better biking than up here. My wife and I both like to mountain bike, hike, and some canyoneering. I also like to climb (rock and ice), and boat (14 foot self-bailer). I'm looking forward to meeting up for some of those Tuesday nite rides! Any tips for SLC and buying a house is greatly appreciated as well.

Mtnbeer

Sounds like you found the right place. Welcome.

RugerShooter
05-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Welcome to the Forum :2thumbs:

Alex
05-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the other side of Utah!

What kind of help do you need with the house? How to buy it or where to buy it?

The boom in Utah is slowing down with the house prices are being fairly over inflated in some areas. Last two years have been nuts in the real estate market, some houses went up nearly 60% in value!

Let us know how much money you are looking to spend and where are you going to be working, then maybe we can help you with the area to look for a house.

Iceaxe
05-12-2007, 09:17 PM
:2thumbs: Welcome :2thumbs:

accadacca
05-14-2007, 10:08 AM
You have definitely found the best place for outdoor talk in Utah. Welcome! :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
05-15-2007, 11:08 PM
:2thumbs: COOL! Lots of good MTB'ers around here!