PDA

View Full Version : Scowcroft warns against Iraq pullout

stefan
05-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Scowcroft warns against Iraq pullout
By Mark Turner at the United Nations

A premature departure from Iraq could leave the entire Middle East a war-torn miasma, said Brent Scowcroft, one of the most powerful critics of the initial invasion in 2003.

General Scowcroft, the US

HEADHUNTER
05-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Seems reasonable to me. I like that an opponent of the invasion is now on the side of Bush and common sense - don't pull them out too soon.

Interesting comment about Iran - I wish they would have expounded it a bit more than just the paragraph.

hank moon
05-11-2007, 06:54 PM
...could leave the entire Middle East a war-torn miasma.

as opposed to the peaceful land it was before we showed up? :haha:

nefarious
05-12-2007, 02:21 PM
...could leave the entire Middle East a war-torn miasma.

as opposed to the peaceful land it was before we showed up? :haha:The Middle East of today would be peaceful in comparison to what might happen if an emboldened Iran sought what an economist might call a "correction" in the region, especially if it took full advantage of having a Shitte dominated Iraq on its border. Most Arabs, especially the Saudis, are scared to death of the Persians right now, and they probably should be.

tanya
05-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I have not turned on the news for a year or so.... and usually I avoid the politics, but I am in the mood to post today...

So....

Have we got rid of the baddest guys there yet? I assume not since we are still there.

When this war started I was shocked by the torture that was allowed to go on there. As humanbeings if we can stop that sort of thing... we need to!

People gassed that tore their own faces off...

People threaded through bubble shredders....

It is sick the things we close our eyes and minds too.