PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heading out this weekend? Trail suggestions.

MTpockets
05-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Forum has been a bit quiet.

Anyone got plans for some atv riding this weekend?

I want to try Little Sahara but my wife wants to go this weekend just not to Little Sahara. I just got a call from my dad and he's decided to stay home.

Anyone got a suggestion for maybe an easy intro trail near Fillmore that would be suitable for my wife.

MT

MTpockets
05-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Well, the wife has decided to stay home while giving me her blessing that I can head out.

My feeling is that Little Sahara might be crowded.
So I am open to some suggestions.

On the otherhand I might just leave the 4-wheeler home and just explore with my jeep.

MT

accadacca
05-11-2007, 08:47 AM
I will be riding out at 5 mile somewhere, but without the training wheels. :bootyshake:

Its just a joke fellers. . .hope to see you on the trail. :2thumbs:

Windwalker
05-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Mt Pockets,

Did you get out?? Hope so, weather was great at the Swell. Spent three days, Saturday had a little cloud cover and a nice breeze.

Won't be long before the snow is gone off our mtn, then you've got an invite to come and do the Arapeen trail.

WW
aka John

MTpockets
05-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Mt Pockets,

Did you get out?? Hope so, weather was great at the Swell. Spent three days, Saturday had a little cloud cover and a nice breeze.

Won't be long before the snow is gone off our mtn, then you've got an invite to come and do the Arapeen trail.

WW
aka John

Didn't get out although my wife gave her blessing.
Instead I stayed home doing mostly stuff for her.
Was watching the weather though and felt bad for not getting out.
I would be happy to take you up on the Arapeed trail invite.

MT

MTpockets
05-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Mt Pockets,

WW
aka John

I didn't make it out last weekend so what's on the agenda for this weekend?

fourtycal
05-18-2007, 07:56 PM
I didn't make it out last weekend so what's on the agenda for this weekend?

I havn't had the wheeler out since last october's hunt. I wouldn't mind breaking it out for a ride. where were you thinking?

Windwalker
05-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Sorry to say I haven't made any plans for wheeling. On short notice there is always 12 mile canyon behind Mayfield or the west mtn near Ft.Green to Gunnison..

fourtycal
05-18-2007, 08:49 PM
I have seen people riding trails right up spanish fork canyon just past Diamond fork. Is there a trail called Monks Hollow? Or dirt roads from Tucker to scofield :ne_nau:

Udink
05-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I have seen people riding trails right up spanish fork canyon just past Diamond fork. Is there a trail called Monks Hollow? Or dirt roads from Tucker to scofield :ne_nau:
Monk's Hollow is actually up Diamond Fork Canyon a ways. In Spanish Fork Canyon, there's Long Hollow (Windwalker can tell you about that one) and Dairy Fork. Tucker to Scofield is a so-so ride on an ATV, considering that most cars could make the trip for most of the distance. There are some good trails from Soldier Summit, either the left or right forks of the White River are decent roads, but still accessible to most vehicles.

If heading out in that direction, I'd recommend Billie's Mountain to Monk's Hollow. The trail begins at N 40

MTpockets
05-20-2007, 08:24 PM
This morning on AT Your Leisure they featured an ATV trail up American Fork Canyon. Looked like fun and is realatively close to Salt Lake.

I did get out for a day this weekend and posted a short video of my trip to Little Sahara.

MT

ivinsoffroad
08-09-2007, 06:44 AM
I know this is a fairly old post, but I was wondering if you remembered what the name of the trail up American Fork Canyon was?

MTpockets
08-09-2007, 08:16 AM
I am sorry but I don't know the name.
Possibly this link will answer the question.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/uinta/maps/brochures/2004/af_canyon_trail_map.pdf

MT

ivinsoffroad
09-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the help It was the Mineral basin trail that I was thinking of.

orvis1
09-10-2007, 01:36 PM
If I get my grizzly back from plaza we will be up behind Daniels Summit Lodge this weekend.