PDA

View Full Version : Slow, fat ride in Logan Saturday??

mtnbiker62
05-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Anyone interested in a slow, fat ride on Saturday morning in Logan? I was thinking about riding Green Canyon early, before it gets too hot, and would like someone to keep me motivated to climb! If you're interested, message me or post here.

live2ride
05-09-2007, 06:24 AM
I would be game for a Saturday ride in Logan, are most of the trails up there still muddy? I will have to look at the green canyon, but that sounds good.

mtnbiker62
05-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Green Canyon is pretty low, so it should be dry. I haven't been up to the upper singletrack yet this year, but the bottom dirt road will be clear, I'm sure. You can look at the Trip Report post for my report of this trail last year at this time. It will give you an idea of what to expect.

Nick Danger
05-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Green Canyon is in excellent condition. It's dry all the way up on the road. Both gates are now open, so there's more traffic on the road. But the lower trail, new upper trail, and short middle trail (other side of road, just above the upper end of the lower trail) segments are all dry and in good shape. You should be able to continue up the upper trail (RH beyond road intersection at top) a ways too, and get a little more singletrack.

If you want to do more, you could ride the BST from the mouth of Green Canyon to Logan Canyon and back. Or continue up Logan Canyon, River Trail, Bridger Overlook, Spring Hollow. You can get a ways up Spring Hollow, well beyond the first set of rock-slide switchbacks. Everything up to there is in excellent condition.

mtnbiker62
05-09-2007, 03:44 PM
What do you mean, if you want to do more??? What part of slow, fat ride don't you understand?? :lol8:

If you want to do more, you could ride the BST from the mouth of Green Canyon to Logan Canyon and back. Or continue up Logan Canyon, River Trail, Bridger Overlook, Spring Hollow. You can get a ways up Spring Hollow, well beyond the first set of rock-slide switchbacks. Everything up to there is in excellent condition.