PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Gorge Fishing 2007

shagster
05-08-2007, 12:02 PM
What a great trip other than it snowed on us the whole weekend and was freezing cold. We had a good time either way :nod: . The fishing was fast and we caught a ton of fish. Most of the time we could not keep them off our poles :2thumbs: . We stayed in the sheep creek marina in the house trailor and then went out in the boat every day to fish. We ended up fishing from the shore most of the time, but used the boat for transportation. It started snowing on Friday night and finally stopped Sunday afternoon when we were getting ready to head home. The temps were in the low 30's during the day and even colder when the sun went down. It was a great trip with even better fishing.

Jaxx
05-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Awesome. I am going to have to plan a trip to "the Gorge" this year. Haven't been for a while. Looks like cold fun. What did you use for bait?

shagster
05-08-2007, 02:37 PM
What did you use for bait?

I tried a few spinners and caught a couple, but the majority of the fish we caught were off a marshmallow and a worm... :nod:

Glockguy
05-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Looks like a fun time.

One of the saddest days I ever had fishing was there. Mr father in law had hired a guide and we went in May 2005. We didn't hook into a single fish.

The guide told us the whole time that this has never happened before and has never had anyone skunked. I had my wife call him 2 weeks later to act like she was interested and she got the whole "never been skunked" line too.

I felt bad for my little brother in law who was 8 at the time. He was crying pretty bad as we pulled the boat in. I think the older guys felt like crying too lol.

accadacca
05-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Whoah!!! Awesome trip shagster. :popcorn:

MY T PIMP
05-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Sheep Creek Bay is up near where I elk hunt. I am going to have to give it a shot this year. Looks like a winner of a trip.