PDA

View Full Version : NEWS flash wolf mtn

ogdmfg
05-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Just got the confirmation that wolf mtn is opening up on the 26 of this month for lift seved biking they are building a terrain park for mtn bikes and dh trails , drove up there after work and saw a some guys working on a trail

jeremy

greyhair biker
05-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Wolf Mtn.?? Really?? COOL! Im swamped until June but I'll see what I can do then. :2thumbs: :ride:

Sombeech
05-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Wow! That's great news. That is going to be fun. I'm pumped for resort riding. I'd like to try the Powder Mtn loop too.

live2ride
05-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Wow! That's great news. That is going to be fun. I'm pumped for resort riding. I'd like to try the Powder Mtn loop too.

Latest that I hear is that Powder Mountain is closed for Mountain Biking? I just looked at the most recent issue of Mountain Biking on the wasatch front and it said all of Powder Mountain was closed for biking? Can anyone confirm this.

Sombeech
05-08-2007, 01:27 PM

Latest that I hear is that Powder Mountain is closed for Mountain Biking? I just looked at the most recent issue of Mountain Biking on the wasatch front and it said all of Powder Mountain was closed for biking? Can anyone confirm this.

Aww, that sucks. I haven't tried it yet. I wonder if it only means the lift is closed. I guess there's a loop you can ride w/o taking the chair.

ogdmfg
05-08-2007, 09:41 PM
probably has something to do with all the construction that is happening up there.

fouristhenewone
05-09-2007, 10:51 AM
From their Website -

New for Summer of 2007
Wolf Liar's Mountain Bike Terrain Park and Lifted Served Mountain Biking

At Wolf Mountain, the list of fun activities continues to grow. In addition to the second season of Music in the Mountain

ogdmfg
05-26-2007, 06:35 PM
just got back from wolf mtn, the place is going to f-in rad here in the next month or so , I am part of the second volunteer work crew for the resort, which means more dh oreinted trails being built by the people that use them. got 9 runs in a period about 6 hours.

I think have found a new home mtn to ride at. sorry no pics left my camera at home, there were quite a few riders mostly dh bikes. all in all a good day.

jeremy

mroy
05-27-2007, 02:03 AM
AFAIK Powder Mountain has never run their lifts during the summer. The race loop for the most part is just faint singletrack when it's not on the road. It's hard to find the junctions unless you know exactly where to look. At least that's how it's been in 2005 & 2006 when I rode it. Unless the area is under construction I can't imagine them closing the area off to riding. If you want to try it, here's a map from my GPS track which should help you find the trail when it enters & exits the roads: http://www.mikepearce.us/pwdrmtnraceloop.gif

That's awesome that wolf mtn is getting into mtn biking. I can't wait to try them out later this summer.

ogdmfg
05-27-2007, 10:14 PM
the place is getting better. they really listen to the riders, going up again tomorrow to work on a new trail, mapped it out today cutting tomorrow.

vamedtech
05-28-2007, 12:20 PM
OK call me ignorent if you like but isn't Wolf Mountain now called The Canyons? To my knowledge it hasn't been Wolf Mountain for years. Or are we talking about another Wolf Mountain?

Scout Master
05-28-2007, 01:27 PM
The Mountain formerly known as "Nordic valley"

http://www.wolfmountaineden.com/

greyhair biker
05-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Hey, I can really confuse things and call it Park West :haha: ..oh, maybe that was too far back....

asdf
05-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Hey, I can really confuse things and call it Park West :haha: ..oh, maybe that was too far back....

no, its the OTHER/new wolf mtn.

greyhair biker
05-28-2007, 11:49 PM
silly me - so, where is it now?

greyhair biker
05-28-2007, 11:59 PM
OK - I just checked out the link - I had completely forgot about that area. Cool!

ogdmfg
05-29-2007, 05:50 AM
You should have been there, they are building trails like crazy, I talked to Brian the guy in charge of building trails, way cool gave the green light to build trails , so I am in with building legal dh trails at the resort, got quite a bit of sun this weekend but damn the trails are getting sweet.
:2thumbs:
jeremy

Gixxer
05-29-2007, 08:32 AM
silly me - so, where is it now?

it used to be called Nordic Valley
it is west across Ogden Valley from Powder Mountain
it is north of Snow Basin, north of Pine View
south of North Fork/Cutler Flats

ogdmfg
05-31-2007, 08:46 AM
I think it is about time for a wolf mtn roll call,who is up for sat?

greyhair biker
05-31-2007, 08:02 PM
sorry, I'll be hip deep in graduation, BBQs and senior all night party...next time! :2thumbs:

jinx
05-31-2007, 08:52 PM
i think ill be there. :five:

Sombeech
05-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Be sure to take your camera. Let us know what this is all about.

mtnbiker62
06-01-2007, 10:00 AM
My son and I are going to be there...celebrating his graduation from HS...but I doubt we can keep up with you, OGD. Just wave when you blow by...I'm the fat guy on the black Transition Preston FR.

ogdmfg
06-01-2007, 11:39 AM
sweet i am planning on bringing my bbq for some white trash parking lot bbq'ing :2thumbs:

asdf
06-01-2007, 12:36 PM
get some pics of these trails please!