PDA

View Full Version : Master plan for Draper/South Mountain

Mtnbiker
04-30-2007, 06:58 AM
Hey guys, I am excited to say that there is an incredible opportunity in Draper right now for expanded mountain biking trails on South Mountain!

A group of us met on Saturday to sign up as "trail captains" during work days and we got the scoop on the all the upcoming plans. I have to say, as stubborn as Draper city is on some things they appear to be very progressive and are pushing hard to lay as much trail as possible on South Mountain.

What this means for us: 1) trail work days every Saturday until June with scouts doing eagle projects, 2) A city sanctioned downhill specific mountain bike trail (no horses, no hikers, no uphill traffic), 3) Several, several more miles of multi-use trails in Draper to add to the already great network, and 4) a possible pump track and a skills park! They are open to pretty much anything, and we just have to get the right people involved to present a solid proposal for what we want.

Let me know if you're interested in helping out on a trail day or in planning the skills park, etc.. Pretty soon we'll be getting a schedule of work days and meetings.

Actually Brad Jensen is the city trails coordinator and he is the one to talk specifics with, but if you're interested in just helping with some sweat equity feel free to let me know.

Ride on!
Ian

drboudreaux
04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Ian -

Do you know Steve Hall? He and I and a few others started WAFTA (see WAFTAutah.com) to promote DH/FR in the Wasatch. I know that Steve met with the trail gurus from Draper City about building some DH specific trails. They went out and walked the mountain and began planning some of the routes. That is fabulous that Draper is supportive and has adopted the vision! I am currently out with a broken wing. However, check out waftautah.com and sign up. Thanks for the info...

Mike

greyhair biker
04-30-2007, 07:15 PM
WOW! To have something this good just laid right in your laps....Gotta jump on this one!! :2thumbs:

ogdmfg
04-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Damn I really been out of the loop because of thwe firewall at work damn those IT hacks they also blocked me from ridemonkey.com arrgh.