PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft 2007

Iceaxe
04-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Anyone else interested in the NFL draft? Who do you think your favorite team is going to pick up? Where do you think the locals are heading?

Anyone else notice that Calvin Johnson is being projected as the "can't miss" pick of this years draft? Anyone here remember Eric Weddle shutting him down in the Emerald bowl. I hope some of the NFL scouts are taking note of that little item.

JaMarcus Russell is OVERRATED..... he will be an NFL flop at QB. I guess the only bright spot for Russel is he should have no problem replacing Marques Tuiasosopo on the Raider depth chart. The Raiders need so much help they should trade the 1st pick for a couple solid picks.

Detroit will probably take Adrian Peterson, that is the kiss of death for his carrer.

I think Amobi Okoye is the can't miss of this draft. In addition to being smart and outstanding, the kid is only 19.

FWIW: here is the scoutting report on Eric Weddle, who I think is the best local player heading to the pro's.

Eric Weddle
Height: 5-111/4 | Weight: 203 | 40-Time: 4.48

Strengths:
A playmaker with excellent ball skills...Has great instincts...Tough, aggressive and a good tackler...Is always around the action...A high character player who will be an asset on and off the field...Smart and a hard worker with a great motor...Was very productive and a game changer at the college level...Will be a great special teamer and also returned punts for the Utes...Versatile with experience at both safety and cornerback with the potential to play either position at the pro level.

Weaknesses:
A CB / S 'tweener who might not have a true position...An overachiever who gets the most out of his ability but isn't particularly big or fast...Will have a much more difficult time in coverage than he did in college...As a safety he won't be a great fit in coverage or in the box...Probably won't contribute as a return man in the pros.

Notes:
Special education major who is very active in the community...The type who won't impress you with his physical tools but just gets the job done between the lines and is a true football player...Underrated prospect whose grade will be affected by a lack of measurables but he will end up making teams regret passing on him.

accadacca
04-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Not too interested in the draft myself. Just wondering where that cry baby (threw the pass in the micacle bowl) from Provo will be pouring Gatoraid? :lol8: