PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 20060901 - CO, Dinosaur Canyoneering With Scott and Mike

AJ
04-24-2007, 09:59 AM
After a bit of a hiatus caused from life stuff (buying new house, moving, prepping old house, renting old house, catching up on all the stuff that gets put off for fun trips, taxes, etc.), I

stefan
04-26-2007, 07:40 PM
thanks for sharing the nice report and photos, AJ. it's really a wild and spectacular area. it's been a long time since i have been to that part of the CP. after hearing so much about it recently, it makes me want to get out there in the near future.

and i agree, mike is great to hike and canyon with.

stefan
04-26-2007, 07:53 PM
i notice wonderfully intact areas of castle-like cryptogammobiotic soilcrust. although i am sure this area will see very little traffic, due to its remote location, i would think that it minimizing the trampling of the soil is worth mentioning.

Sombeech
04-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Photos Link (only good for 90 days):\

Does Yahoo expire their photos? If so, you should try Flickr. Or better yet, you should upload them. :nod:

Cool shots. Thanks.

AJ
04-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Stefan,

Crypto soil is very common throughout most canyoneering areas, so I thought that was pretty much a known; but for those who don't know it; don't step on the crypto! Try to walk in washes or on rocks as much as possible.

Yeah, and Mike is pretty amazing. I hope I can do half the things he can do when I'm his age... I've been called a pretty fast hiker, and he can still bury me. He has good climbing skills too.

Sombeech,

Yahoo doesn't expire the photos, but they expire the link. Truthfully, I do photography work on the side, so I actually currently like the fact that the link disappears in time. Lets less of my work go for free over time. Hoping to publish a book in the next year or two.

Glad you guys liked the photos.