PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

shanehadman
04-23-2007, 06:16 AM
There were alot of great first round games over the weekend and a few upsets....

I was very surprised to see Denver beat San Antonio because alot of experts think San Antonio has what it takes to win it this year

Watching Golden State beat Dallas was not at all surprising to me. The Warriors run a fast paced offense like Phoenix and I would like to see them win that series

The Jazz played great at the start, but just couldn't finish like they haven't been able to do the last few weeks of the season..... I'm still not countng them out though :nono: GO JAZZ

accadacca
04-23-2007, 07:55 AM
The Spazz got worked in the second half. Okur couldn't hit a thing...including free throws. Kirilenko is having a mid life crisis...Sloan doesn't know how to help. They were feeding Harpring down low as their go to guy in the 4th. :frustrated: :wallbash: acca's TV: :compthrow:

asdf
04-23-2007, 09:52 AM
The Jazz played great at the start

they started the game 0-8.

shanehadman
04-23-2007, 09:57 AM

Yea but they were up by 9 at halftime.... Don't turn the TV off so early next time

rockgremlin
04-23-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm predicting a first round outage for the woeful Spazz.

Better luck next year...when hopefully AK can pull his head outta his arse, and maybe we'll have a different coach too.

asdf
04-23-2007, 01:56 PM

Yea but they were up by 9 at halftime.... Don't turn the TV off so early next time

I watched the entire game..... maybe you just think halftime is the start of the game. :ne_nau:
The rockets only had 33 points in the first half. If you think this was because the Jazz were playing good D your are up in the night.

Scott Card
04-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Kirilenko is having a mid life crisis...Sloan doesn't know how to help. :

I loved Sloan's quote that he "wasn't equipped" to deal with such things. :roflol: :roflol: Little bit of a blow to Kirilenko in my humble opinion. In other words, Kirilenko, be a man and play the game. Gotta love the Sloan touchy feely side. :haha:

accadacca
04-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Kirilenko is having a mid life crisis...Sloan doesn't know how to help. :

I loved Sloan's quote that he "wasn't equipped" to deal with such things. :roflol: :roflol: Little bit of a blow to Kirilenko in my humble opinion. In other words, Kirilenko, be a man and play the game. Gotta love the Sloan touchy feely side. :haha:
Perhaps they need Dr. Phil... :lol8:

asdf
04-23-2007, 08:39 PM
3rd quarter is over and all i can say is that the NBA is fixed. If you blow t-mac a kiss they call a foul.

accadacca
04-23-2007, 09:27 PM
3rd quarter is over and all i can say is that the NBA is fixed. If you blow t-mac a kiss they call a foul.
Yup, that was ALL one sided! Give me a freakin' break! They were calling all the ticky tack stuff. :frustrated:

The worse Spazz bozo is Okur...what a loser. He doesn't even look for a shot. He just stands around out there. They might as well be playing with 4 guys when he is out there. What a JOKE!!! :roll:

Glockguy
04-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Heres my take on the game tonight:

The reffing was crap. Kinda hard to win when the other team gets 21 free points (freethrows) more then you do.

This is because the Jazz do not have a superstar. The NBA is ran to make money...they get their $$$ from people wanting to watch the superstars....

I could see the Rockets shooting more free throws if the jazz were just sitting around bombing 3's all night... But the Jazz deserved to shoot more free throws than they did because they were going hard to the hole all night.

Okur played a great game. I can't expect too much more out of the guy in this series. He is trying to guard a freaking 7'6" 350+ lb guy! (And did a pretty damn good job of it tonight ie blocking 2 of his shots in the 1st quarter) Guarding a guy like that takes a LOT of energy out of you.

As long as the jazz can keep improving from year to year I will remain fairly optimistic.

asdf
04-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Just because they jazz don't have a "superstar" they don't get calls. Last night was a joke, I cant believe the shitty calls last night... The Jazz had 29 fouls to the rockets 15... The NBA just hates small markets.

Free throws.
Houston - 34-38
Utah - 13-17

What a joke!

rockgremlin
04-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Here's a tip:

Kick AK's ass out on the curb.

Last Sunday he was crying like a little bitch in front of the public media because he didn't get to play as many minutes as he wanted. Then last night he plays 17 minutes, and gets 5 fouls, 2 turnovers, and ZERO points.

How much are we paying him again?! What a loser!

accadacca
04-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Okur wasn't even looking for a shot though. He had chances to pop it up and he would pass it every time. Pathetic. :twisted:

gonzo
04-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Dear Andrei:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYkxF14YdAw

Iceaxe
04-24-2007, 01:29 PM
http://home.cfl.rr.com/pheenix/choke.gif

rockgremlin
04-24-2007, 01:38 PM
What does that mean?

Don't suffocate yourself? :ne_nau:

RugerShooter
04-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Please leave Krylinko alone I mean he makes over 12 million a year which is (150k per game) and Sloan is making him ride the bench. Which means he is getting paid one hell of allot to do nothing this would make any grown man cry.

Death
04-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Andre did get some blocks and steals. Give the guy a break you know scoring points isn't the only important thing a player can do. He is without a doubt the best defender on the team. Who cares if the guys makes millions and he still complains, that just shows he loves his job and its about more than just making money.

RugerShooter
04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
He apears as of late to have lost his love for the game. If you just look at him it looks like he no longer has any heart. Yes he is without a doubt the best defence on the team. I know Jerry has just quit using him as an offensive player and is just using him as a defender now, which is part of his problem.

asdf
04-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Anyone else see Andres Nocioni score 10 points in 11.6 seconds last night in the heat bulls game? That guy is great... lets trade AK for him or Luol Deng.....

Luol Deng has been going off on Miami.... get your brooms out!

gonzo
04-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Andre did get some blocks and steals.

And five fouls. And two turnovers. In 18 minutes.

The problem is Andrei is that he's being asked to play out of position as a small forward. Offensively, he's best when he can play near the basket, grab rebounds, and collect tip-ins and put-backs. Right now he's being asked to sit outside and either hit an outside jumper (which he can't do - terrible shooting mechanics) or slash inside. He's a pretty good slasher, but his lack of quickness hurts him (easier for a defender to meet him at the rim).

Defensively he's best when he's not guarding the other team's best player, but is allowed to roam over from the weak side, or sag off his own man and provide help defense against whoever has the ball.

If Andrei can't manage to break double digits in scoring or rebounding for at least one game in this series he'll be wearing another uniform next season. (Hello Seattle!) If there's anything Jerry and Larry hate more than whining it's not giving a consistent effort.

Death
04-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Its really to bad I think Andre is a great talent and wherever he goes he will be huge. Its really the managements fault for all of this, they made him a keystone player then made him do everything he is not good at. It kind of bothers me the heat he is getting when Okur has like 8 points in the whole series, and no one says a thing.

accadacca
04-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Kirelenko lost the spotlight when a guy name Boozer came to town. He will never get it back and he needs to get over it. BOOZER is da MAN!! :cool2:

Death
04-25-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't know if Andre wants the spotlight or just wants to get some minutes and points.

accadacca
04-25-2007, 10:31 PM
I don't know if Andre wants the spotlight or just wants to get some minutes and points.
Prolly true . . .I think he may miss it a little tho. Unfortunately he has not been earning the minutes that he desires. This has been going on ALL year. I hope he can get it together in the off season. I certainly don't want to see him traded. I do want to see him successful again.

Death
04-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Ya he needs to pick it up to be sure. I hope he can find away to make it work but I fear that he may be lost to us.

asdf
04-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Lucky for the Jazz the Rockets bench never made the trip to SLC. :roflol: Kirlinkos box score was pretty unimpressive but the hustled all game, He did seem to pic it up a bit. That rejection on McGrady was TIGHT

accadacca
04-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I'll be there tomorrow night. I was wondering If I would be bringing my broom. Guess not. . .

packfish
04-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Thursday night was rocking in the center. That was a great game to be at- even if I had a lady beside me that was screaming in the refs ear constantly. I had somebody offer me $250 a piece for the tickets- thought going to a sports bar and then spending the dinero at a sporting goods store. Glad I didn't. The intensity was worth every penny.

accadacca
04-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Thursday night was rocking in the center. That was a great game to be at- even if I had a lady beside me that was screaming in the refs ear constantly. I had somebody offer me $250 a piece for the tickets- thought going to a sports bar and then spending the dinero at a sporting goods store. Glad I didn't. The intensity was worth every penny.
I was there too, sweating my ass off in a suite. Bloody hot!! It was a great time and yup the fans showed up and so did the Jazz. Hope they can pull out game 6 and 7? Tonight was a DRAG!!! :frustrated:

asdf
05-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Go Jazz!
I was very glad to see Okur and AK back.

Warriors game was tight, pretty stoked on them taking down Dallas .. The Mavs had their chance last year.

My favs to win everything this year
1. Jazz
2. Warriors
3. Suns

packfish
05-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Accadacca- were you the one looking down my wife's shirt ?

asdf
05-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Today is the day!

accadacca
05-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Accadacca- were you the one looking down my wife's shirt ?
:blbl:

packfish
05-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Can I take you hunting? You must have good eyes (0: