PDA

View Full Version : 1 HEAVILY ARMED MENACE, GUNNED DOWN BY LAW ABIDING CITIZEN

HEADHUNTER
04-16-2007, 06:45 PM
wouldn't that be a nice headline to read instead of 32 dead in Va?

RugerShooter
04-16-2007, 09:17 PM
I would always rather read that headline then the current one and if guns were not restricted everywhere shit like this wouldn't happen, it seams to only happen where guns are restricted.

Death
04-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Or the headline could read....Civilian mistakes cop for shooter, or student mistakes another student for shooter and kills more, or even better student misses shooter in the heat of the moment and kills another.
I understand its easy to say well if I had a gun and I was there then I would have stopped the situation, but its not that easy if you think you could keep your mind when someone is shooting at you then your sadly mistaken. Just ask someone with combat experience with years of training how hard it is to even react let alone shoot straight.
You keep saying this only happens at places that restrict guns, you need to start showing me some sources on that one.
I think there are to many people watching tv and playing video games to much and think that its just that easy to take someone out and save the world.
On a side note the reason the gunmen was able to kill so many with just a few clips is he had modded clips made legal again by our hero George W.

RugerShooter
04-17-2007, 09:30 AM
I have no sources that shows this only happens in gun free zones, but I can not think of any major shooting that has hap pend recently at a place that allows guns. It is only happening at places that restrict them.

CarpeyBiggs
04-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Perhaps it is because almost every heavily crowded public place is a gun-free zone??? It would seem logical that people would go to the most crowded place near their residence to committ the crime, regardless of gun restrictions. I'd consider the amount of people who actually carry a gun is relatively small, no matter where you go. Trolley Square was near the shooters home, so there he went. Same with the VT student...

Has very little to do with gun free zones, in my opinion.

Death
04-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Do you think that if you were so angry to kill over 30 people you really care if other people have guns or not? Sounds like this guy has some fight with his girlfriend and went off the edge so I dont think he was worried about getting shot.

Sombeech
04-17-2007, 11:20 AM
That's not the way it happens on TV.

price1869
04-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Perhaps it is because almost every heavily crowded public place is a gun-free zone??? It would seem logical that people would go to the most crowded place near their residence to committ the crime, regardless of gun restrictions. I'd consider the amount of people who actually carry a gun is relatively small, no matter where you go. Trolley Square was near the shooters home, so there he went. Same with the VT student...

Has very little to do with gun free zones, in my opinion.

Do you think that if you were so angry to kill over 30 people you really care if other people have guns or not? Sounds like this guy has some fight with his girlfriend and went off the edge so I dont think he was worried about getting shot.

I was really going to avoid posting in this thread because i think it's a ridiculous thread, but I couldn't avoid this -

Meant fully as a compliment: Death and Carpey, you guys would make very poor mass murderers. :rockon:

Death
04-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Honestly if a person was going to worry about getting shot they would probably care enough to get a hold of a AR15 or an AK or atleast something with a better rate of fire. Also dont you think they would probably get themselves a vest, its not like there hard to get a hold of.

RugerShooter
04-17-2007, 05:22 PM
If your plan is to kill as many people as possible as it appears the VT & TS shooters plan was of course you would want to be where you KNOW there are no guns. It gives you alot longer to shoot & kill people think about it.

Death
04-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Ok that is true but if you were thinking that much about it, I doubt he would have done it with two hand guns. The kid went to school there so that's were it happened it has nothing to with them banning guns or not.

Rev. Coyote
04-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Ok that is true but if you were thinking that much about it, I doubt he would have done it with two hand guns. The kid went to school there so that's were it happened it has nothing to with them banning guns or not.

As far as the weapons were concerned, he actually made a "good" choice in terms of effectiveness.

As to whether violence is more likely in "gun free" zones, I don't think there's a correlation. Pretty much anywhere there are large groups of people there will be very few (if any) with guns. The shooter at Tech went after people he lived with and hated. That's what this was all about -- a sick, whining, victim-type lashing out at those he felt were "keeping him down."

The only good thing the guy did was to kill himself so we don't have to waste money on his trial.

packfish
04-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Rosie knows

Death
04-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Any machine gun and a few grenades would have done the job better, if he cared that much he would have gotten them.
Really though this isn't a gun issue. The issue is why in America and only America does this happen so much? Everybody wants a scapegoat its the American way but its not the right way to go about this stuff.

Sombeech
04-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Any machine gun and a few grenades would have done the job better, if he cared that much he would have gotten them.

They are much harder to obtain. Also, he didn't care at all, that's why he did it.

It's all about making an impact. You don't go into an area with a gun if you feel somebody else will be able to stop you.

price1869
04-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Really though this isn't a gun issue. The issue is why in America and only America does this happen so much? Everybody wants a scapegoat its the American way but its not the right way to go about this stuff.

only america? ha ha ha. Who has been sheltering you? Did CNN tell you that? :roflol: the deadliest mass shooting in america was 30+. I know for a fact that Germany had one closer to 7 million. :roflol:

Death
04-18-2007, 03:48 PM
I think you know what I mean but if not I was referring to the last 20 years.

price1869
04-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Okay, but it still happens a lot in other countries.

Either way, you're right. It is an american issue. It's an issue with people who hate America. They hate americans and our way of life, so they try to destroy it. Should we just change our way of life to accommedate them better?

Wait . . . where is this topic heading?

RugerShooter
04-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Okay, but it still happens a lot in other countries.

Either way, you're right. It is an american issue. It's an issue with people who hate America. They hate americans and our way of life, so they try to destroy it. Should we just change our way of life to accommedate them better?

Wait . . . where is this topic heading?

If they hate America that bad then they can stay the hell out, and go back to there home country.