PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Weekend Fishing

icthys
04-16-2007, 01:06 PM
It was the annual Utah on the Fly Green River trip this past weekend. The fishing was amazing, weather was good, and the company was better.

I met my ride in Coalville just before 6:00 am on Friday. I transferred all my gear from my truck to the other vehicle and we were off. We made a quick fill up and stop in Mountain View and arrived in Dutch John around 9:00 am. We hung out at Trout Creek for a few picking up some bugs and a rec pass. We parked at the prep area above the launch ramp and got everything ready. Everyone else showed up at 10:30 and launched. This was my first time taking a pontoon down the river but it was no problem and very fun and relaxing. There was a lot of kicking involved to keep your position and to fish any pod of risers we found. Fishing was consistent most of the day. Nymphing picked up plenty of fish all day. I fished a dry dropped combo for awhile that caught a good number of fish. Some of the others picked up a bunch on a streamer later in the day.

This year we decided to switch things up and fish some different water. Sorry, but I won't reveal where we fished, if you really want to know PM me. We set off to fish some stillwater for Saturday. The drive isn't bad from Dutch John and requires some driving on a dirt road. The fishing was absolutely unreal. You didn't go 5-6 casts without catching a fish. The fish were all rainbows up to 18". Those that put in a full day caught over 100 fish.

Sunday we hit a feeder stream to one of Utah's famous resevoirs on the way home. We caught many 20-24" 5 and 6 lb rainbow. It was something to behold! I"ll have to do this again someday. There aren't many places where you can catch fish that size all day long. I ended up leaving the camera in the truck this day and I'm beating myself up for that.

This was one of the best trips I have ever taken.

accadacca
04-16-2007, 01:12 PM
WOW!!! :eek2: Thanks for the writeup. :popcorn:

shagster
04-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Nice!! :hail2thechief:

Sombeech
04-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Sweet. we usually hit that in September.

spiraleyes
05-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Could you PM me that lake you were fishing? I can't wait to hit the Green again!