PDA

View Full Version : Man jumps from Empire State Building

HEADHUNTER
04-13-2007, 09:09 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070414/ap_on_re_us/empire_state_jumper;_ylt=AnjB36YV7XqAE3o8puAsE7lvz wcF

[quote]Police responded to the New York City landmark shortly before 3 p.m. after a 911 caller reported seeing a severed leg

DirkHammergate
04-13-2007, 10:10 PM
[quote=HEADHUNTER]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070414/ap_on_re_us/empire_state_jumper;_ylt=AnjB36YV7XqAE3o8puAsE7lvz wcF

[quote]Police responded to the New York City landmark shortly before 3 p.m. after a 911 caller reported seeing a severed leg

DiscGo
04-14-2007, 12:22 PM
If you were going to kill yourself would you want publicity like this, or would you rather have your death try and go unnoticed?

I think I would go way far away from everyone so that my family wouldn't be hurt by it as much (hopefully).

nefarious
04-15-2007, 08:28 AM
I'll resist the tempation to comment here, except to say that it's not that hard to make a suicide look like an accident. Now I better not be hearing about a sudden rash of "accidents" among Uutah members! Don't make me come up there and whoop your already dead *sses!
:nono:

nefarious
04-15-2007, 08:34 AM
"a lawyer in his 30s..."

Shocker.You think? I would assume the average lawyer has a fairly cushy life, but maybe there's something I'm missing...

The only stats I know off the top of my head relating to the subject is that suicides among dentists is among the highest compared to other professions. Try to be nice to your dentist!
:eek2:

shaggy125
04-15-2007, 08:39 AM
If you were going to kill yourself would you want publicity like this, or would you rather have your death try and go unnoticed?

I think I would go way far away from everyone so that my family wouldn't be hurt by it as much (hopefully).

I'll throw in, if you are going to kill yourself make sure you do it right. I can't tell you how many people come in to the hospital with their face halfway blown off, but their brain undamaged, or tried to jump off something and are now paralyzed but still alive, or the good old lock myself in the garage and leave the car engine running... oops someone found me and called 911 and now I've killed half of my brain cells and my family has to feed me and change my diapers. Best suggestion, get some help, but if you are really going to do it don't screw it up and make your situation ten times worse than it was!

nefarious
04-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Best suggestion, get some help, but if you are really going to do it don't screw it up and make your situation ten times worse than it was!I've heard that a lot of failed suicides find a new lease on life and don't try to kill themselves again. Maybe a good shotgun blast to the face is all some people need to get themselves straightened out.

DiscGo
04-15-2007, 09:05 AM
I'll resist the tempation to comment here, except to say that it's not that hard to make a suicide look like an accident. Now I better not be hearing about a sudden rash of "accidents" among Uutah members! Don't make me come up there and whoop your already dead *sses!
:nono:

:roflol:

Scott Card
04-16-2007, 08:41 AM
"a lawyer in his 30s..."

Shocker.You think? I would assume the average lawyer has a fairly cushy life, but maybe there's something I'm missing...

The only stats I know off the top of my head relating to the subject is that suicides among dentists is among the highest compared to other professions. Try to be nice to your dentist!

Actually lawyers have a very high suicide rate. I think there is a corresponding link to when the shredder breaks down. :haha:

Wasatch
04-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Maybe the Yankees lost that day to the Red Sox, wait they play this weekend in Boston.

Sombeech
04-16-2007, 01:42 PM
He couldn't do it in 5 minutes or less here:
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6246

HEADHUNTER
04-16-2007, 01:45 PM
"a lawyer in his 30s..."

Actually lawyers have a very high suicide rate. I think there is a corresponding link to when the shredder breaks down. :haha:

Every law office should employee a Fawn Hall-type employee (did I just show my age or WHAT!!!!)

Iceaxe
04-16-2007, 01:59 PM
I think all lawyers should jump off tall buildings.... it would be better for everyone. :haha:

Scott Card
04-16-2007, 02:02 PM
I think all lawyers should jump off tall buildings.... it would be better for everyone. :haha:

OK.... I'll bite...... I prefer tall cliffs (with ropes) :bootyshake:

Scott Card
04-16-2007, 02:05 PM
"a lawyer in his 30s..."

Every law office should employee a Fawn Hall-type employee (did I just show my age or WHAT!!!!)

Naw, that would lead to more divorce and then more suicide. :haha: