PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report South Guardian Angel?

Bo_Beck
04-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Sitting around not accomplishing anything of true consequence at the moment, I decided to briefly describe a "jaunt" Mikal Nad and I took one winter day. Snowpak was very minimal...WCCTH was accessible...lets go! Quick hike to the jct with Northgate Peaks and down to between NGP And NGA. Searched a while before finding a way down to "The Subway" but found it soon. God! My toes froze unsocked and unshoed before we found the scramble out! Quick climb and on the way! Summited SGA after some slickrock scrambling (damn! the anchors we saw on tiny bushes!), and what a view! Hard to envision after WT last weekend, but the view would impress any and all! Have a good weekend and absorb what ever it may throw at you!

tanya
04-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I would have loved to see you "hiking" without shoes! :eek2:

DiscGo
04-13-2007, 05:41 AM
Cool picture, good story, great post!

Win
04-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Very nice, Bo. I really like that area, we were up that way last Saturday, didn't do much hiking but what scenery! There was hardly any snow up by Kolob Res, last year I was there in late April and there was alot.

Win

tuffchuck2000
04-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Those may have been your footprints we followed part of the way. My wife and I went to Scout out NGA yesterday and I was wondering how one would get to SGA. I bet the view was Awsome.