PDA

View Full Version : Don Imus gets fired

Sombeech
04-12-2007, 03:09 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=156&sid=1082836

Wow, looks like this thing got way too politicized.

Sombeech
04-12-2007, 03:13 PM
When Presidential Candidates are making statements about the dude, :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wasatch
04-12-2007, 03:14 PM
WOW, someone wanted his ass.

sparker1
04-12-2007, 03:18 PM
You know, I don't feel sorry for Imus. He should have known better. CBS wants everyone to think they are taking a moral stand here, when in reality, they are simply trying to stop the bleeding (loss of sponsors) and responding to the racial blackmail of Sharpton and Jackson. Those two are among the most bigoted people around.

Jaxx
04-12-2007, 03:19 PM
"The Rev. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson met with Moonves to advocate Imus' removal, promising a rally outside CBS headquarters Saturday and an effort to persuade more advertisers to abandon Imus."

the revs at it again. If there were three of them they could be the stooges. Why is this such a big deal to them. It really wasn't even black girls. He said it about the whole team. I think it is more toward being degrading towards women not just black women. I dont care how you word it, it was refering to all the girls on the team. This has gotten out of control.
Down with Political Correctness, Up with common sense.

gonzo
04-12-2007, 03:25 PM
You can chalk it up to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton all you want, but the reality is that Imus' big advertisers: GM and Sprint Nextel decided to pull their ads. MSNBC and CBS are businesses, and their primary concern is their bottom line. No advertisers, no revenue, no talk show.

Jaxx
04-12-2007, 03:29 PM
True, but this wouldn't be getting any publicity if those two goons weren't whoring it all over the place.

Sombeech
04-12-2007, 03:30 PM
They should have waited for the ratings boost when he was through with his suspension.

Advertisers are not bias. They see ratings and pay to be there.

Rev. Coyote
04-12-2007, 04:55 PM
You can chalk it up to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton all you want, but the reality is that Imus' big advertisers: GM and Sprint Nextel decided to pull their ads. MSNBC and CBS are businesses, and their primary concern is their bottom line. No advertisers, no revenue, no talk show.

Money talks and bullshit walks.

I'm not inclined to feel sorry for Imus who is a big grown up boy and should know better than to run his mouth the way he does. I'm sure he'll be miserable reveling in his millions and his infamy the rest of his life.

Death
04-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Its tough to feel bad for someone who has continued to do stupid stuff like this for many years. CBS is a business and like any business if you do something wrong enough times your going to get fired.

sparker1
04-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I predict that Imus will get a huge contract to do XM (ala Howard Stern) where he can get away with his outrageous BS. I don't like it, but I think that may happen.

hank moon
04-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Poetic justice, karma...

next : robot monkey

RugerShooter
04-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I would love to see FOX pick up him up they seam to LOVE poeple like IMUS

Rev. Coyote
04-13-2007, 04:06 AM
I would love to see FOX pick up him up they seam to LOVE poeple like IMUS

Yeah, he'd fit right in with their windbags.

"Fair and balanced. Fat and white."

Sombeech
04-13-2007, 09:54 AM

Supported John Kerry in 2004.

Anyways, the Rutgers team accepted his apology. But many people who were never involved, won't.

RugerShooter
04-13-2007, 03:46 PM

Supported John Kerry in 2004.

Anyways, the Rutgers team accepted his apology. But many people who were never involved, won't.

They are just a bunch of Nappy Headed Hoes then if they wont forgive him for a silly little coment

JP
04-21-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm not an Imus fan, but him getting the boot is BS!