PDA

View Full Version : A few from Klondike Bluffs trail

greyhair biker
04-08-2007, 07:38 PM
My son and I were just out for the day on the trail....hunted down a few caches out here too.

Cirrus2000
04-08-2007, 09:18 PM
My son and I were just out for the day on the trail....hunted down a few caches out here too.

Very cool, Wade. That spot in the park was one of my very favourites from my first trip to Moab - I love the views from there.

I'm thinking that I'll take my son there in a couple of weeks, but I can't recall how the road is on the way up (we biked up, almost 3 years ago. The memory fades...) Is it pretty easy 4x4 up to the park boundary? I remember enjoying the walk in to the bluffs, and scrambling around there.

Thanks!

JP
04-08-2007, 11:01 PM
How did that new lift work out for ya?

greyhair biker
04-09-2007, 06:28 AM

Very cool, Wade. That spot in the park was one of my very favourites from my first trip to Moab - I love the views from there.

I'm thinking that I'll take my son there in a couple of weeks, but I can't recall how the road is on the way up (we biked up, almost 3 years ago. The memory fades...) Is it pretty easy 4x4 up to the park boundary? I remember enjoying the walk in to the bluffs, and scrambling around there.

Thanks!

There are a few tight spots for anything wider than a jeep or smaller truck. Really, the toughest part is before you get to the slickrock in the washed out ravine area. If you dont make that you have a long hike ahead of you

The only mod I have on the rig right now is a 4" Tough Country Ez-Flex kit...which helped out ALOT. All you need is a little patience and handling knowhow and this trail is a walk in the park.
JP- I still have a few mods to do...skidplates, rockguard for the diffs, and an inch higher in the rear for more hauling support since I took the torsion bar off the rear (lots of flex right now!)-I'll probably change out the existing rear leafs & block and go with bigger leafs and no blocks...still planning that one. :haha:

Cirrus2000
04-09-2007, 06:53 AM
There are a few tight spots for anything wider than a jeep or smaller truck. Really, the toughest part is before you get to the slickrock in the washed out ravine area. If you dont make that you have a long hike ahead of you

The only mod I have on the rig right now is a 4" Tough Country Ez-Flex kit...which helped out ALOT. All you need is a little patience and handling knowhow and this trail is a walk in the park.

Excellent - thanks for the info. Sounds about what I remember. I'll be in a stock TJ, so I figure I should manage. One of these days, though, I need to lift this thing...

JP
04-09-2007, 09:51 AM
I'll probably change out the existing rear leafs & block and go with bigger leafs and no blocks...still planning that one. :haha:
Go coil :haha:

greyhair biker
04-09-2007, 12:55 PM
I'll probably change out the existing rear leafs & block and go with bigger leafs and no blocks...still planning that one. :haha:
Go coil :haha:

I think thats a great idea - although Im not as familiar with how to put em in the rear - I like the idea, I think Id get more flex with coil

accadacca
04-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Could of done without the pix of you in the buff on those rocks. :puke8: :haha:

Sombeech
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM

:roflol:

Hey, is that an alcoholic energy drink?

greyhair biker
04-09-2007, 06:43 PM

:roflol:

Hey, is that an alcoholic energy drink?

you never seen a RipIt energy drink before?? Go to Albertsons & you can get em for a buck or maybe they still have em for 2/$1